What Matters ?

Boojum

When I was a kid/teenager I thought loads of things mattered. Expectations of me by parents, the opinions of others, peer pressure, stuff like that, that's what I thought mattered and I couldn't bear the weight of it. But as I've got older I've come to the conclusion that none of that shit matters at all - the expectations and opinions of others don't matter, the only things that really matter are what YOU think matter. Nowadays I couldn't give a shit what anyone expects of me or thinks of me, that's all about them, so let them worry about it, I couldn't give a toss. I wish I could go back to my teenage self and give myself that one piece of advice - that the only thing that really matters is what you think matters, so stop being so concerned about what everyone else thinks, because it really doesn't matter.

• Like 15

Only thing that matters to me is the safety and health of me, my family and my few close friends.. Always been the case really.

• Like 3

Hi, your dead right,but the older you get the more things seem to matter, the flyby nights off when we were young and no kids are in the past and now I have to care cos I have to & care for them I will , with the help of my wife in witch I couldn't do anything God bless . Peace

That's what really matters though, what matters to you and not what other people tell you what matters. That's kinda my point, the only thing that matters is what matters to you, not what other people think. Other people's opinions are totally irrelevant, but you get so wound up in them when you're young, so bothered about what other people think (I did, anyway), but really other people's opinions are the last thing in the world that actually matters.

• Like 1

When, lo! as they reached the mountain-side, A wondrous portal opened wide,As if a cavern was suddenly hollowed;And the Piper advanced and the children followed,And when all were in to the very last,The door in the mountain-side shut fast.

Thats whats going on.!!!!!!!!

Throughout my life people have said to me, "wow, you really don't care what other people think of you, do you?" And, I've never really understood what they meant. I really ought to ask one of them.

Only thing that matters to me is the safety and health of me, my family and my few close friends.. Always been the case really.

And fuck everyone else, right?

• Like 1

Be yourself so long as it's not affecting others in a bad way ...only way to b happy...but u gota have some kind if fuck u wall around u..there's sum sneeky cunts out there...filter them through on your life's journey ..then u hopefully got 1/2 lifelong friends ....like di Nero said ...."circle of trust"

The term “mentor” often evokes images of a white-haired wizard like man imparting advice to a younger individual or group.I generally think of mentors as people to whom you naturally gravitate unless your drugged, those who can offer resources and advice. In many cases, there's never an official defining of the mentoring relationship so you could be gettng groomed. perhaps when you turn to someone when you’re in need of guidance. It’s a gut reaction and a natural chemistry. Continue to invest in relationships like these because the deeper someone like this gets to know you and your business, the more likely they will roger u in a cave.

Dunno what the Pied Piper has to do with owt :unsure:

well if the kids did not care

the message there is rethink your mentor? ?

Those poor kids. Looked up to mr piper. Flashing his big old pipe about.

so many eggs in my fridge at the moment.

Oh and chicks love big penis. Even when they say they dont. They aren't all little angels

Some do, some don't. But most women certainly don't like being called chicks.

• Like 1