Dr120 Tent Setup and test

Broonmeister

Iya guys! Right ive never done anything like this before so i thought id give it a go! I did post in the introductions but unfortunately ive only had one reply so far and time is of the essense as the cuttings could be here anyday and id like to try and get everything sorted ready to rock and roll! Heres a few pics of me setting everything up!

First things first if anyone who ever reads this is stressed about buying a tent. Buy a DR! Im well happy with mine. Two pinneedle holes in stitching around zips on sides and thats it! Very sturdy. Even with plastic corners its not even bothered about what ive got on! On the bad side it could really do with a pocket on the inside for my thermometer and a small piece inside the zip has come loose which ill stitch! Good tho!

Anyways.. First off i bought my lights which are two 400w dimmable lumateks with euro reflectors and dual spectrum bulbs.

Then i bought the tent which straight away like a kid at christmas put up and hung my lights in!

This is the tent now as it stands! With 6" rvk extraction and a 5" intake. I dont know why but i was reading up on oxy pots and just bought them cause they were cheap. The question, Would i fit four plants in there in oxypots? Or even three? But i dont like odd numbers! Or would i be better sticking with the two? Im planning on scrog'ing them!

gallery_91642_10757_6569.jpg

Dont worry ive sorted the mega crinkly ducting! Is this an okay place to leave my thermometer? Thats the part that also reads humidity! Ive got a probe dangling down in between the lights too!

gallery_91642_10757_6069.jpg

The HENCH fan! What do i do with it?! Its louddddddd! And its big! Isit worth keeping? It does shift loads of air around? Am i better off with smaller fans and if so any personal preferences on size brand and how many you have?

gallery_91642_10757_6729.jpg

Well. I bought this fan because it was cheap and i was.. ish kindof am on a budget. Its 5" and its rated at 210m3/h max. Now ive just ordered an smscom fan controller and i was wondering would this be okay to keep? Or replace?

gallery_91642_10757_69810.jpg

gallery_91642_10757_5902.jpg

I hope im not asking the world! As a newcomer to this id really appreciate the help! Thanks

If you see anything wrong atall with any of this please say!

Thanks

Broonmeister

Seems ok here.

I use a dr120. They are ok. Don't get too excited by them, they are good but I've had issues with tiny holes after a year or so

Also I don't bother with an intake. I just use a 6" extractor. But as long as your tent is bowing inwards then your fine.

Keep your lights nice and high if your using seeds (which your not) but I'd keep the lights on as low a setting as possible for young plants. Then gradually increase.

Thermometer is fine there. I would rather it always be close to the hotter part of the tent eg not low down.

Not bad for a first grow!. 4 in that. 1 light for the first week. Or 2 dimmed. Then 200watt per plant and super crop. Should get a good yeld with that ratio

All good then! So you reckon ill squeeze four in? What do you guys reckon on that fan ive got in the corner! Bit big aint it! And yeah even though ive put the actual fan in the attic. It sucks in!

Edited by Broonmeister

Yeah nice they set up same as mine i.m using 4 pot bubblers 600w parabolic and r.v.k.125 on intake and 150 on rhino pro filter looking good tho m8 good luck wiv ur grow

• Like 1

Looking spot on, welcome to 420, hope all goes well. Lots of experienced growers here always willing to help others.

@@Broonmeister

First off mate, congrats on buying a wicked pair of ballasts. You have made the right choice in my opinion, 600w's would have been to much, especially as its getting warmer. And the 400w have saved you 400w in consumption, which take it from me makes all the difference. If you had got the 600's you would have only had to switch them down to 400w and then still be using 600w of power.

I will suggest on just my experience, I would have gone for four 11 liter pots and a basic soil grow with some Plant Magic soil. I think that 800w would have done well in there with four pots. Maybe you can squeeze another 2 oxy's in there though.

Growing cannabis for me is a passion, but its not easy peasy, anyone can grow yes, but not everyone gets to the point of having really good yields and frosty fresh buds the way the grower would like. I would start as nature intended, a pot of simple soil.

That said the Oxy's will be absolutely fine, it just might take a few mishaps before getting it all working for you stress free.

Good luck with the grow. GV.

Thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it! Yeah i did months worth of reading etc to come to the conclusion to spend the extra for pounds on a digi ballast instead of a magnetic one, ive never used or experienced a magnetic one but the digi is silent and starts up quickly. Well i wouldnt say im passionate about growing it yet but im definately passionate for smoking it! No i know but wheres all the fun if you never experience any issues! Plus ive really really enjoyed myself putting it all up and modifying things and cutting etc. Loved it. Already thinking of building a mini grow box just for fun! I did a test run yesterday of the lights on and all. With the fan and filter on half it was about 25 degrees up top by the filter and 25.7 by where the canopy should be. When i turned the filter right up the top temp dropped down to about 23 so it was cooling down then i turned it off. Does that sound adequate enough for the summer months?

Edited by Broonmeister

I would go for a better extraction fan,6inch Ruck .That fan would struggle with temps over warmer months I think

Use the 5inch for intake

The new Hyper fans are the job with removable speed controller although I see you already have a smscom fan controller

Edited by NuVista

Guest Randy Marsh

I wouldn't blow your intake at floor level as it will reduce your rootball temperatures, which you want above 20 celsius at all times, 24 is best. Maybe lift it between the canopy (when you have one) and the lights.

You probably don't need that fan blowing air round the tent, as long as you have extraction and intake on your sms controller that should be fine.

Get another thermometer and put the probe in your rootballs, make sure they don't get cold. If they do, tube heaters or heat mats controlled by a thermostat should warm them up nicely.

Good luck!

Edited by Randy Marsh

• 2 weeks later...

24 degrees root temps? Thats only gonna cause root rot (pythium) DO NOT DO THAT

It will kill your plants ideally you want 20-21 degree root temps

Guest Randy Marsh

24 degrees root temps? Thats only gonna cause root rot (pythium) DO NOT DO THAT

It will kill your plants ideally you want 20-21 degree root temps

24 degree rootball temps helped me have the best plants ever.

if you can maintain a temp as close to 24c as you can you wont go far wrong.

Don't go above 26 degrees as this can lead to root diseases.

Good luck.

Edited by Randy Marsh