what a.wonderful world?.?.

Aurora Ruderalis

Wouldn't it be nice if we could do what we do with 12v.?. Damn the law.? A 12v grow would be nice to see..

I guess you could but the current would be quite high.

Incidentally why do you thin 12v would be so helpful?

Lots and lots of LEDS running off lots and lots of batteries?

Edited by indicatoker420

12v? Thought most new ballests were 400v

this tends to be the area where people discuss experimental stuff including led and cfl so hid don't really come into it.

I guess if you are running an of grid system using either wind or solar power it could in interesting. But large of grid systems usually run at 24 48 volts or even higher.

You could I guess use transformer to change th dc voltage to 36+v or wire three batteries together and use vero / cree LEDs. But if your thinking of running on batteries you'll need a massive battery bank.

I'll do some sums later bit early now.

Ole

I'm talking years down the line as stuff becomes more efficient and technology develops, who knows what is ahead of us....just look at the progress humans have made in the last 30 years,

You can predict the future 2060 technology here, just use your imagination, subject is horticulture though.....

years ...itll be months away if graphene lighting does what it should be able to do .

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be nice if we could do what we do with 12v.?. Damn the law.? A 12v grow would be nice to see..

Do you mean twelve volts or twelve volts stepped up to 240v? Have a plan to do this but step up through an inverter maybe. Would be nice to live on the water and grow some herbs.

Hemp Fibers have been shown to be better than graphene, so with any luck be can donate our stems to science for their research lol

Is graphene the carrot fibre stuff folks?

I read (think it was in one of my New Scientist mags) that the basic understanding is they put graphite shaving and water into a big 'blender' whiz is around for a while until the graphite breaks up into single atoms, they then pour it out onto a flat surface and it settles into a single atom thick layer what we call graphene. I did only skim the article a good few months back so I might not have all the correct details