Ditched the tent

ajw3008

Yer' you should be good mate, any holes you have around the door etc just hold a single square of tissue over it, if the tissue wants to stick over the hole you know you have the right amount of negative pressure.

Plants will grow fine in those pots mate no doubt, but I believe it can effect yield and bud to leaf ratio if pots are not well rooted, but with time you could end up with "THE" super crop.

Good lluck mate. GV.

do you think i would be better with more extraction. the filter in the pic is 10" and a metre long?

do you think i would be better with more extraction. the filter in the pic is 10" and a metre long?

As long as your room is well tightened down mate I think your'll do allright. A 200mm X 1000mm filter and fan kit should be enough to empty that room efficiently unless your planning on putting four 600w bulbs in there, but it looks good to me bud. GV.

• Like 1

As long as your room is well tightened down mate I think your'll do allright. A 200mm X 1000mm filter and fan kit should be enough to empty that room efficiently unless your planning on putting four 600w bulbs in there, but it looks good to me bud. GV.

3 x 600w was the plan i dont think temperature will be an issue as its pretty cool up there.

Good luck with it all it looks ok, just one thing that makes me cautious !! :!: The ballasts attatched to the wooden board 3 x 600w it looks tidy and neat but are going to give off some heat and pretty close together, I know someone who did the same, around the edges it looked fine but the wood under the ballasts was smouldering one day, luckly for him he realised there and then and took them off, closer inspection showed the chances of him burning down his house that day if he hadnt of noticed were 110%

Its better to be safe than sorry..

• Like 3

Grow space looks really good and better than anything i could do, but one thing might be the length of that ducting, if there was any way it could be shortened/ take the bend out, i'd look into that

Guest mrtibbs

I agree with Green vision.

After speaking to an extraction company they have told me that what we think of as duck\duct tape (what I can see in your pics) isn't actually that good.

Its best to use aluminium foil tape for ducting. I have just changed mine as well as introduce solid ducting where I can and I think ventilation is slightly better.

Just my thoughts.

I agree with Green vision.

After speaking to an extraction company they have told me that what we think of as duck\duct tape (what I can see in your pics) isn't actually that good.

Its best to use aluminium foil tape for ducting. I have just changed mine as well as introduce solid ducting where I can and I think ventilation is slightly better.

Just my thoughts.

i got some foil tape today so going to replace all the duct tape as its started to come off already.

Good luck with it all it looks ok, just one thing that makes me cautious !! :!: The ballasts attatched to the wooden board 3 x 600w it looks tidy and neat but are going to give off some heat and pretty close together, I know someone who did the same, around the edges it looked fine but the wood under the ballasts was smouldering one day, luckly for him he realised there and then and took them off, closer inspection showed the chances of him burning down his house that day if he hadnt of noticed were 110%

Its better to be safe than sorry..

i was thinking of getting a few bricks up there to lay them on. they get really hot when i put the solistek 6k bulbs in.

Edited by ajw3008
  • Like 1

i was thinking of getting a few bricks up there to lay them on.

Thats what i use good old house brick, its just not worth the risk, the digital one i bought doesnt seem to get as hot like the white one you have pictured but i still wouldnt risk it..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gdogg

i was thinking of getting a few bricks up there to lay them on. they get really hot when i put the solistek 6k bulbs in.

Way to move past the tent! Thats a impressive setup.

I hope its well insulated, I could never grow in a loft due to parinoia. Id hate to be the only dry roof on a snowy day lol.

• Like 3