Closed system LED microgrow and CO2

Cypher

I am new to LED for growing. However I have read a lot of interesting stuff on it. I'm just wondering how much heat they produce.

My idea would be to use it in a small closed cabin without airextraction. This would make it possible to use a CO2 controlled environment.

No airextraction would mean heat buildup. But I wonder if this would be a problem with LEDS.

Anybody want to share his experiences on this matter?

Thanks in advance

Its a bit of a weird one mate as to utilise co2 properly you need to be aiming for around 28-29 degrees mate

• Like 1

Depends how much money you can through at it. Best case 60% efficient (vague, I know). 40W heat, 60W light out of 100W in.

Depends how much money you can through at it. Best case 60% efficient (vague, I know). 40W heat, 60W light out of 100W in.

is that not 100w in, gazillion watts out? Maybe I'm wrong though lol

• Like 1

you will still need extraction/filtration for smell and fresh air exchange esp using co2, after running the co2 for 15min or whatever you need to extract the stale air out and replenish with fresh air.

you will still need extraction/filtration for smell and fresh air exchange esp using co2, after running the co2 for 15min or whatever you need to extract the stale air out and replenish with fresh air.

I have never run CO2 as an additive but what you are saying doesn't ring true... stale air? what do you mean by stale air? Moisture and heat build up must be addressed but what is going stale?

Yeah, lost you there as well. The point of CO2 is NOT extracting it and keeping up artificial higher levels. Boosting the plants photosynthesis in wich it produces oxigen. The stuff that keeps us alive. There is, as far as I know only oxigen and CO2. Do you mean ionization of the oxigen molecules? If this is the case, the simple use of a negative ionizing air purifier is a better solution.

Edited by Cypher

maybe if you could do it inside a freezer, with the freezer switched on, still might have pressure build up from the gas.

• Like 1

maybe if you could do it inside a freezer, with the freezer switched on, still might have pressure build up from the gas.

😁 recipe for disaster

Ok i may have worded it wrong, i did mean hot humid air, i have ran co2 before and was advised to run the co2 for 15min with extraction off, then extract 15min, then repeat process.

Don't the things that live in the soil require oxygen? Can a plant produce enough oxygen daily to ensure the soil isn't going anerobic (i'm out of my depth here so correct me if im wrong)

also if you do go CO2. remember its heavier / denser than air, so it will fall to the bottom of your grow room unless you employ something to direct it at the plant.

Don't the things that live in the soil require oxygen? Can a plant produce enough oxygen daily to ensure the soil isn't going anerobic (i'm out of my depth here so correct me if im wrong)

also if you do go CO2. remember its heavier / denser than air, so it will fall to the bottom of your grow room unless you employ something to direct it at the plant.

Bottom ventilation is required, guiding co2 to the bottom of the leaves where it's absorbed.

As for killing rootsystem, they can cope with the higher levels. Although everything has it's limits of course.

Ok i may have worded it wrong, i did mean hot humid air, i have ran co2 before and was advised to run the co2 for 15min with extraction off, then extract 15min, then repeat process.

I think a two way air conditioning is a better solution. I wouldn't like it to give my plants a continuous change in their environment. An airco of a car might be perfect for a co2-controlled microgrow.

Dehumidification, ionization, cooling and blowing it all back into the room..

• Like 1

I have a book on bottle gardens. It is a fascinating concept that I have been obsessed with since I was a kid.

Just sayin like...

;)

i only ever comment on things i have experience in, if iv offended im sorry! all i want is to help people grow good ganj and live in peace.

• Like 1