600w Vert Loft In The Making...

Skinny Pete

New home, new growroom, new problems...

The space I have is very limited, the height of the apex is only 5ish foot from the floor so once a kingspan box is factored into the equasion it only really leaves me space for a vert grow.

I plan to vent out of the eaves with an 8 inch high powered Ruck but due to hight limitations I will have to place the filter outside of the box, this should free up another foot of vertical height.

My idea is to make a sealed box from kingspan to house the filter and fan, with ducting leaving one end of the box headed to the eaves and the other end of the box headed to the growroom. Has anybody tried a similar system before?

I also have a 6 inch low powered Ruck for intake, which I plan to take directly from the loft itself if temps allow.

There's a large (possibly 6mm) cable up there to power the shower in the bathroom below, I will take power from here and feed it into a small dedicated consumer unit just for the growroom and decomission the shower.

Ideas and suggestions will be greatfully received :)

New Loft

Have you considered blowing through the filter if the box idea doesn't work? I know some get away with it if it's set up well.

Maybe an aircooled hood or cool tube of some sort, coupled with a scrog net (stadium style, semi vertical almost) would allow you to do a more conventional grow if the full vertical idea doesn't take off.

Awkward space though, good luck with it!

Have you any water up there mate, pain without.

Not a bad space really, i would go for a scrog with coco or maybe nft.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice spot, you could do a number of epic setups in there, Just make sure its insulated from the flying piggies. lol

you mean the pork choppers? :oldtoker:

nice space man. as said above, a scrog or a sog would do well. stick to short stocky plants maybe otherwise?