Made a slight error.

Keeno88

Hi guys, well I ordered everything I need for my pc stealth grow. The last thing to come was the light which arrived today. Me not having a clue ordered a dual spec 300w cfl thinking it would do the trick only to find out that it is huge and has no chance of fitting in the box. So can anyone recommend a small 125w cfl bulbs that I can get in both specs. Thought I would ask you guys to save me buying a night one that ends up too big :)

Cheers guys.

Might be worth getting a small metal halide/ sodium bulbs, think you can 70w and 100w ? don't know how they compare to clf's but the bulbs will be a lot smaller, and I would imagine the heat output would be similar.

Not with this monster they've sent me I'm just wondering if the 125w bulbs are smaller . Seems like a dumb question now I think about it but want to be sure.

@@Mugwuffin if I'm being honest I haven't really looked into them but I will give it a look.

How about a few t5 bulbs maybe some 54watt. Again not sure how big ur pc is but just a thought.

What is the heat output like with t5's ?

Next to nothing I'd say but I've never stuck them in a pc to find out. I use them in my veg tent and they are literally placed on top of my girls. Hope this helps.

I had asked around a week or so if any 1 had flowered and kbr said he flowered a single 1. So I guess it's possible. I'm thinking of venturing into t5 grows just for laugh as I'd be able to build a small box or even use a old kitchen unit that's sitting in the garage. I think the key would be to have minimal plants as the light intensity is not strong enough.

• Like 1

@Mr Green01 I would only be doing one plant at a time anyway. I will need to go back to the drawing board and see my options thanks for the info guys.

you could always convert a chest of draws or a wardrobe, still stealth to anyone looking,

but at least then you would have some space to maneuver your plant(s) in..

@mr.gr33n I was thinking about buying a large cabinet to convert to I just thought of a pc to tide me over until I move somewhere I can get a proper room set up.

• 3 weeks later...