Uniform height?

cropped shaggy

Hi, I was just wondering which strains have the least variation in height?

I'd like to grow one or two and, if possible, avoid having to apply LST, SCROG, or supercropping etc, to maintain a relatively even canopy.

In particular I'm thinking about Critical+, the Critical crosses, Power Skunk, and Industrial Plant.

• Like 1

if your after a good even canopy without to much agg, grow from clones from the same plant, other than that its a net or supercropping, i dont think iv done a mixed grow from seed without 1 or 2 cocking the whole thing up and reaching for the roof! bastards! lol

dj..

eta... welcome to the site shaggy! :yep:

Edited by *DJ*
  • Like 6

Even the same strain will have taller pheno's, learning canopy management is the only way and as has been said expect at least one of them to stitch you up.

• Like 4

I'm not growing from clones, as I don't want to risk stiffer charges if busted. Forensics can tell if they're clones or not, plus you'd have a separate veg cab too; something I want to avoid.

As for the same strains, and their differing phenos, sure, I've grown enough in my time to realise 1 strain can produce two or three (if not more) very different phenos from one pack of seeds. On the other hand, I've grown Northern Lights before, and I might as well have been growing from clone as far as height uniformity was concerned.

I'm not expecting something as uniform as an IBL, like NL, they don't have to be dead on the same height, but something where the different phenos wont be too far off each other, in the same ball park would be nice.

I'm not growing from clones, as I don't want to risk stiffer charges if busted. Forensics can tell if they're clones or not, plus you'd have a separate veg cab too; something I want to avoid.

pmsl that cracks me up lol....... :unsure:

• Like 3

right yeah, im with you "forensics" are they like spider mite but blue looking?

dj...

pmsl that cracks me up lol....... :unsure:

Maybe you two should browse through a few of the threads over on the legal forum...

To get a nice even canopy from a seed grow some lst will be needed. If you want a quite uniform strain critical+ will probably be the best or blue widow,Bubba kush or cheese but some training will be needed to get the even canopy you desire :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

It's plant numbers not the source of the plant thats an issue.

The only time clones become relevant is if you've got a large number of vegging plants, they can tell they're clones so will class them all as female if they are from seed then you can argue that 50% will be lost due to males (shhh no one tell them about fem seed)

If you're caught with 10 clones in flower the penalty will be no different than having 10 seed plants in flower.

• Like 4

Its a good idea when potting up to final pots to make sure you plant the tallest plants deeper in the pot so they ain't so tall and more or less the same height as the rest. Obviously they stretch in flower and some grow taller than others but at least they're the same height before you change to 12/12.

• Like 2

It all comes down to experience, little tips and tricks that

Taller plants on the outside smaller in the middle, it's called the stadium effect :yep:

• Like 3

It's plant numbers not the source of the plant thats an issue.

The only time clones become relevant is if you've got a large number of vegging plants, they can tell they're clones so will class them all as female if they are from seed then you can argue that 50% will be lost due to males (shhh no one tell them about fem seed)

If you're caught with 10 clones in flower the penalty will be no different than having 10 seed plants in flower.

I just want to limit the risk of any judge getting arsey.

From what I've gathered from the legal forum, having two separate grow areas can spell the difference between a cultivation charge and being done for production. Anything that could potentially make the grow look more "sophisticated" in the eyes of the CPS/judge/magistrate is a basically a no-no for me. There was also at least one thread/bust on there, where the poor fella claimed forensics took his clones to the lab and, presumably through DNA testing, sussed that they were clones, as opposed to from seed.

I dunno, might be bollocks, but I just don't want to take the risk.

As for vegging out clones, then flowering using the same cab, I'd rather not since it'll take up more time than if just growing from seed, being that growing the original mum and then rooting cuttings would add a few weeks onto the overall cycle. The one seed I use as a mum might turn out to be a bit shit, and thus the entire crop would be too.

Its a good idea when potting up to final pots to make sure you plant the tallest plants deeper in the pot so they ain't so tall and more or less the same height as the rest. Obviously they stretch in flower and some grow taller than others but at least they're the same height before you change to 12/12.

It all comes down to experience, little tips and tricks that

Taller plants on the outside smaller in the middle, it's called the stadium effect :yep:

Been doing both of these for years already, definitely good suggestions, fellas. Nice one.

To get a nice even canopy from a seed grow some lst will be needed. If you want a quite uniform strain critical+ will probably be the best or blue widow,Bubba kush or cheese but some training will be needed to get the even canopy you desire :)

All the best

D-M..

Think I'm going to give the Critical+ a run, see how they go. Gracias!

Thanks to all you folks for the suggestions :)