anybody on the 150w panels from hans?

So i am wondering wether to get a 150 panel from hans..Has anyone used any of his panels they seem to be efficient.I have used led to grow to good effect and want something quieter than the one i am using from china.

I have looked into diy people seem to be raving about cree 3070 ab i can solder but i am no electronics wiz..

thanks

Guest zypheruk

Im just collecting the parts to make some cree 3070 cob setups as i can afford it, so far 2 cobs and drivers just waiting on heatsinks to arrive. From what I see it is very simple to build them, and without out a doubt will outperform most bought panels. I should have two cobs running this weekend. If all goes well im sure there is a few people here that can help along if required.

Guest zypheruk

mouser part number 941-CXA30700N00Z230F

they are 3000k which is what you want.

Zippi are you in the uk?

Edited by zypheruk

So the panel came today looks good,had a quick play next to the chinese 144x3 reflector and it seems much much brighter..When i get chance will see what the driver puts out ect..So it looks like 250w led for the mums etc,,and the hans 150w panel for flowering..

Still looking into diy led cob systems for something to fiddle with..

• 4 weeks later...

So the panel has a fault already the fan is now running slow so panel gets warm..Am not using it due to this i contacted the maker and he is away till the 14th feb,he also says he has no parts in stock..I reckon this will be a long issue as to wait two weeks for return to office then wait for parts to be ordered bit of a joke really..

Has anybody else had issues with Hans?

• 2 weeks later...

I have replaced the fan and it was sent out free of charge..It was bad luck he was on holiday and not near the net he said it would have been fine to use with a fan blowing on it..He said the led would still be in the correct temp range uncooled but its better to col as they last a lot longer..He reckoned uncooled without heat sinks in a well ventilated area they would run for at least a few years..So now i will be totally led and sub 500watts...

CXB's are about to replace / supercede the CXA's -

3000k is considered good all round. lower CRI (for cxa line) typically increases lm/w. AB bins if you can get em :D

also consider bridgelux vero series, pretty similar to cxa's. easier to diy. more efficient if your running at more than 1.5A ish. oh and vero 2 is about to come out too I think.

DIY a cob is super easy. thats all I can think of for know (get over to RIU if you keen for LED)

best, B

Guest zypheruk

I think I will stick with the 3070's for now, them CXB's aint cheap atm. Hopefully they will discount the 3070's, that would be great.

I am quite happy with the Hans panel now i have fitted a 100ohm3w resistor to the fan..Its very bright caught me by suprise when it came on loads brighter than the mars 144x3 and the Grownorthern HS1..

When i have some more money i may well go diy i am in no rush as the tech keeps moving on very quick.. :oldtoker:Take it you mean kingbrite..

Edited by zippi23

• 6 months later...

hey @@Arthur Mix, you still pleased with this Hans Pannel? I was looking at the 85w version for a bit of a booster. Also seen good things about the plant phonics, but few extra $'s. What size room are you using your 150 in and are you happy with it in flowering? cheers