cheapest way to build 1.2m grow room in attic

Lexon

Hey just wondered what the cheapest way to build a 1.2m x 1.2m grow room in attic. figured just build a frame out of some timber and create walls using some kind of board, now i've looked at all kinds of boards and i just can't find a cheap way of doing it, i could buy a tent for alot less. does anybody else have any sugestions?

Cheers

Lexy

(just realised i posted this in the wrong forum, please ignore and ill repost sorry)

Edited by Lexon

Either foil insulation rolls if your doing a cheap n cheerful jobbie or for a better more stable grow room go with at least 50mm insulation boards.

• Like 1

Depends how effective u want it to be but if you have beams up there that u can attach too, then that silver bubble wrap gear costs 15 quid for 5 meters. You could just staple that stuff to the beams and make a box. Use some silver metal tape to do the joins, and that will serve u as a cheap room. Or build a frame like u said if beams not suitable. That bubble wrap gear reflects something like 50 percent of the heat back.

Some blankets on the outside if it's cold, a oil filled rad in a box stuck on the side that you suck air through and your off.

Basic but cheap.

Zz

Edited by zztopbudz
  • Like 1

You could use a timber frame and just staple black and white sheeting to it and tape over the staples too. Then you'd just need a solid door.

The only thing against making a room is its a pain to take down and rebuild should you ever have workmen round.

Using 2 by 2 struts and black and white sheeting your probably looking at 40 to 50 max. A roof qube tent would be about 150 but it can be moved and taken down easily.

There's some second hand hydro shops on line.. If a tent fits your space it's an option

If not timber frame and staple black and white with a bit of gaffer tape here and there

Love

Arthur

Oh, i do like the idea of stapling the black and white, but what should i do about the door? maybe two plasterboards on hinges?

I would reccomend building one out of insulation boards or something. I grew in a tent in the loft for a couple of years and it was a constant battle to keep a stable environment, It is doable though. Like t1 said, a tent is handy to get down in a hurry if you need to but if you're pretty safe and it will be there a while, I would do a proper job and use thick insulation boards

Oh, i do like the idea of stapling the black and white, but what should i do about the door? maybe two plasterboards on hinges?

you will have nightmares with temps if you just use black and white. You have to use something as insulation.

Lofts are almost as cold as the outdoor temp in winter. In summer they can easy reach 40 50 degrees.

good luck

zz