Do you use SEEDS or CUTTINGS

Guest THE PUFFER

• 2 weeks later...

Clones are easier,faster to flowering, and cheap ( basically free if ya have some nice mothers).....seeds on the other hand, are timely, you have to go through germination, sexing, and they can be very expensive.

SpaRkinThC[/

• 2 weeks later...

I use both - I clone the best females for re-use and germinate seeds to add variety.They finish at different times - but this is part of the fun - trying to make it all fit together in a tight cycle.

Seeds are like your backup - if some disaster happens. So I intend to amass a fair few and keep them in deep storage.

If I retire to the caribbean - I'll take my best beans with me.

• 3 weeks later...

I use both, keep several of my favorites as bonsai mums, an afghaani, a Cinderella 99, a blueberry, and two types of Aussie Sativa, courtesy of the Penguin, and clone these as and when.

I grow from seed because I enjoy the unpredicability, and occasionally need males for a bit of hybridisation.  It's always greener on the other side, isn't it.

• 3 weeks later...

:oldtoker:

As I need a weekly harvest for medical reasons I keep mainly with clones kept from favoured mothers. I plant 1 seed a month to keep the changes coming and, should it be male, to provide pollen for the breeding programme - thus no seed plant is ever wasted. Each female is tested against the current strain favourite and stands or falls by that comparison.

:D