Forced flowering...

TopCat

I have a dozen little plants now and they are all doing fine. I am going to experiment this week with trying to force them to flower now. I am going to put them into a completely dark shed and leave them their for three days and nights. The idea is to get them to produce the hormone that is associated with the onset of flowering. I am hoping that when reintroduced into the garden they wil not revert to veggie growth but will continue to flower. I also will be able to sex the plants now which will save a lot of bother and possible hassle.

What do you all think?

My guess is that at this time of year they will revert straight back to vegging.

Why not simply bring them into the dark shed every evening after 12 hours sunlight in the garden? Worked great for me last year!

lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest THE PUFFER

Yea...so close to summer solstice they probably will revert back to veg...then flower...all the stress will lose you lots of potency.

The best time to force would be about 2 weeks after (about 3 weeks time).

:oldtoker: