Which LED for a 40x40x120cm tent?

TheChicken

I plan to grow one plant in a 40x40x120cm tent, that's also in a cabinet.

homebox-growlab-40x40x120-silver.jpg

I want to get something quality that will last me and will obviously fit in the space and not be overkill!
Recommendations?

• Like 1

Perhaps a 70w hps to 150-250hps pushing it?

As long as the temps are good and air circulation is good then there should be no issues

• Like 3

I got a mars 400 watt/ 280 watt approx actual output in 48 x 60 x 150 if it were me I would get a 300 watt with 5 watt diodes, I thought about HID but reckon it would have baked them cos of the size of the tent and probably would have done, alright in this weather with cold temps if you have an air cooled shade I guess.

the light seems to be doing the trick.

fattest bud

Edited by nughead

Perhaps a 70w hps to 150-250hps pushing it?

As long as the temps are good and air circulation is good then there should be no issues

Welcome to UK420 :yep: I agree with nocturnal, personally I'd run a 250w HiD in there.

:yinyang:

Thanks but I really want LED due to its low heat, low electricity usage factor, as this is a sneaky stealth grow!

I got a mars 400 watt/ 280 watt approx actual output in 48 x 60 x 150 if it were me I would get a 300 watt with 5 watt diodes, I thought about HID but reckon it would have baked them cos of the size of the tent and probably would have done, alright in this weather with cold temps if you have an air cooled shade I guess.

the light seems to be doing the trick.

Yeah mars LED's look good, but the smallest they do is the 400watt one you mentioned, would that be overkill? I was also looking at budmaster's selection but they are so expensive! I wouldn't mind buying a bit more to get something local and trusted than chancing on a deal from china, but those prices!

Depends of how much money you a willing to spend. LED's are in their relative infancy so for lights that are guaranteed to work you will need to splash out with the cash, unless you are willing to DIY a panel and even then the cost will be more than most are willing to pay. Some cheap LED companies' lights work, but from what i've seen it's hit and miss with them.

peace :oldtoker:

Depends of how much money you a willing to spend. LED's are in their relative infancy so for lights that are guaranteed to work you will need to splash out with the cash, unless you are willing to DIY a panel and even then the cost will be more than most are willing to pay. Some cheap LED companies' lights work, but from what i've seen it's hit and miss with them.

peace :oldtoker:

That's okay I don't mind spending more than I might on any other lighting system, so let's forget about the cost issue before this turns into a LED bashing thread. I just want a quality LED.

ere we go lol

I hope not lol,.....I can't see any pitchforks on the horizon just yet......... £137.00 quid. arrived in 5 days including weekend, good service and correspondence.

Have a word with Stonerwizard or Vincenoirrockstar on here they been growing with leds longer than me.

Edited by nughead

really want LED due to its low heat, low electricity usage factor, as this is a sneaky stealth grow

A watt is a watt is a watt - don't be believing that an LED will use any less leccy than a hps or a cfl or anything else.

• Like 4

well if cost is of no consequence then i suggest Apachetech <--- they design lights for NASA, they know their stuff. If those prices are too steep look into Area51 LEDs. Or if you want to design a light to fit your personal needs i suggest DIYing a panel, it's easier than most think.

Peace :oldtoker:

Edited by Lean_McSheen