Weight loss and Cannabis - Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil

Riserto

@gb @@Ishmael

I've made the "stuff" and I've taken a big lump and like 5 tea spoons. Will progress and add more in take until I feel any effects, if they do. I have a slow digestion so this might take a while. My stomach has started to ache a bit, and I think it's reacting now after almost 3 hours!

takes 2 hours for the full effect

important figure is that lol

I ended up having three pieces last night and I was very happy, not making a lot of sense however lol

Edited by Ishmael
  • Like 1

and no report since. lol

Really important about the hour mark Ish is talking about.

You don't want to get to the point of....ooops. ... I should have held off.

"Eating" brings that feeling down eh ;) As we all learned as kids. :)

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

The experiment failed because she experienced lethargy and depression after consuming the oil for a few weeks. She is usually very active and energetic, therefore she stopped. As soon as she stopped, the negative states of mind vanished. What a pity...

6 years late too. But better late than nothing! 

Skimmed the last two pages don't know if this is of interest.  

I can't go into this too deeply without a textbook but cannabis interferes with the hormones which regulate apetite. Ghrelin (hormone) is involved in the sensation of hunger; when the stomach is empty it is produced to induce hunger. Ghrelin is also released when you smoke cannabis, inducing hunger without actually needing to eat.

If you're a regular smoker, you will notice that the munchies you used to get will be much more intense than the ones you get now. It's an element of "tolerance". This is likely due to your ghrelin response being dulled from constant stimulation by cannabis use. It also means that when you don't smoke cannabis, you don't feel as hungry as you otherwise should. This can lead to weight loss, particularly if you're smoking right before eating main meals as it's like training your body to induce hunger when smoking cannabis.

Similarly, some other compounds in cannabis are thought to supress appetite. To answer the original question: I don't think it would be indica/sativat/hybrid dependent. Strains of all types have different profiles of compounds, think to find the best thing for it, it would just require trying strains and I would hazard a guess that you may have more luck with CBD strains. 

As for compounds in cannabis directly causing weight loss - doubt it. 

• Like 1

Thcv suppresses appetite but for weight loss and most other applications it helps to combine cannabinoids with probiotics.

There is a reciprocal relationship between the endocannabinoid system and the microbiome. Ethan Russo explains in this short yet informative video. 

:smokin:
eta. Adding black pepper to the cannabis oil will reduce the peak of absorption (lethargy) as well as elongating it’s effect, so more tolerable for daytime use and effective for longer between doses.

Edited by Era
  • Like 1