Weight loss and Cannabis - Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil

Riserto

Hello there uk420,

I have recently read with my mother a few interesting studies revealing the properties of cannabis as an agent to fight obesity and helping users to lose weight. My main source is this article (http://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(13)00200-3/abstract) which reveals that " marijuana use was associated with lower levels of fasting insulin and HOMA-IR, and smaller waist circumference."

The solution after some research about how to give her the cannabis has been through the preparation of cannabis infused coconut oil, having read an user claiming extreme weight loss after 12 months, dosing 2-3 small spoonfuls of the substance.

My question is NOT about if cannabis does actually help you to lose weight, but it's about the strains to be used. A sativa? Hybrid? Autoflower? My mother does NOT like the effects of cannabis, however she doesn't dislike the idea of having a body stone and feeling sleepy, however I know that ingesting cannabis can cause some stronger effects ... I assume then, a weak indica should be the solution?

The studies have not revealed the way they administered the cannabis nor the dosage, so that's why I've taken that example as a start. We are not talking about an extremely obese person, but clearly overweight, but around 20-25 kg over her ideal weight.

I hope this makes sense, and thanks a lot for your time. I'm going to follow the recipe from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIo7-s89eQU#t=429

I will be using 7 grams of premium buds, instead of 14 grams of trim, maybe it's too much? As I said I don't want her to trip balls :rofl:

Have a great day and good health.

... the Wizard

I've posted in response to this before. There have been a few threads about it.

I started smoking weed 10 years ago, within a year I went from 20 stone to 15 stone.

I now weigh 11 stone. A few mates had the same result, however 1 mate never lost any weight. However he is a lazy twat.

From what I understand , smoking weed increases your sugar uptake, draining excess supplies of sugar in your body. Then lowering fat levels. This is not scientific, it's my own reasoning.

After smoking weed we get the munchies, which in part is due to us needing sugars which have been burnt up.

Iirc smoking weed can speed up your resting metabolic rate. I think it is dependant on your genetic make up, it is not going to work for every one, but in an obese world, surely more time and money should be invested in looking at more ways to help slim the nations down.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing this, truly appreciated. Well, she is my mother and she has seen how I've been losing weight quite dramatically. I had recently suffered a bit of a stressful situation (relationship breakdown) and began to eat like if there was no tomorrow ... anyways, she has a very good clinic eye (working as a doctor) and I have a feeling this might be the solution to avoid her from starving.

Any suggestions about the strains thought? I'm probably going to get the weakest indica dominant buds I can find, as she intends to consume this before going to sleep every night. I'm not an expert or use edibles.

Anyways, I will probably set up a diary to keep track of this thanks to her skills.

...the Wizard

I made a post about this exact deal.

After ingesting a maintenance dose for close to two years. I was a wee bit over weight @ 245. :shutup:

Taking a dose of 150 mg each night has helped the weight off. I have been @ 195 for over 8 months. My normal weight.

I don't know how it works or why. I have read one doctor who took cbd only and found it made him lose weight. A few others as well took Canna and it had this effect. I think was another person doing exactly this.

I have always been an indica person and the meds I use are that. Not sure which would be better. I don't even know why it has this effect in the first place. :unsure:

:)

Hope you find the info you're looking for.

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

Aswell as all the scientific element there is the fact it just seems to supress your appetite too for me.I eat way way way less when im smoking more.

I could go all day without food just about except for quick binge before bed if ive been smoking heavy.That isnt good for you though.

Edited by sterling-archer
  • Like 1

@gb1Thanks! As I thought an indica should be the ideal plant, but I worry about her getting too high. She is a doctor herself, and she is looking forward to do a serious write up about this and I'll make sure this information gets shared. I'm going to try and find your post gb1 :) Could you post the link here anyway? :)

Worried about getting high is she.

Suppositories! :)

There is very little effect. Very very mild.

No where near the same as ingesting. :lookaround: or does it last nearly as long.

Easily made with coconut oil.

Very easy application.

I recently read a write up about applying it to your gums and leaving it there to soak in. It gets taken up from your gum line in your mouth. Haven't tried this one myself as having oil in my mouth is not something I could get used to. It supposed to lessen the effect you may feel when ingesting.

Everyone is different though.

Taking it this way though, I can't say it will do the same. :unsure: Although I don't see why not but I'm not a doctor or do I fully understand whats going onl

Hope this helps

The fact that you can take this herb many different ways and you feel differently is the wildest idea I could have ever found out.

Eating it.

Smoking it

Sticking it up yer ars...

All different effects eh :)

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

Hi! Harvested 7 gs of a friends crop, dominant indica strain, unknown name. We are going to cook some coconut oil with it on Wednesday :) She is quite afraid specially because she has a strict job in which she needs to avoid being high of her face. I've been warned 7gs might be too much, so we will do a batch with 3.5, or do you recommend the 7gs directly @@gb1 ? As you say, the effect is very mild, so ... I don't know. I've decided to pinch a bit of it too to try it on a nice a L .... I'll keep this up as we start getting results and pics. Thanks a lot again for your information, it is VERY appreciated!

Good day!

... the Wizard

I understood wrong. I thought you were making the oil first with solvent, then mixing with coconut oil. I did not realize you were using the coco oil to wash the herb.

I've never done it this way and can't say anything about what it would be like.

Sorry.

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

I made some coconut oil infusion this morning, to bake with. 20g of buds broken up by hand, 250g of oil. It strains with a kitchen strainer, keep a tbsp or two of hot oil back to flush through and get the last bits out. 1g bud to 10g oil would be a minimum ratio I would say, less oil than that and it won't cover the weed.

10g of the resulting oil would get me nicely stoned for a few hours. I am not a hardened smoker but do smoke 1g most days. So 5g well enough for a noob.

What I do is make flapjacks with it and cut them into one inch squares, makes about 50 or 60. That's where my dosage estimates come from. I'd be really interested in anyone getting more effect than this per gram as it were

• Like 1

... just looked at your video @@Riserto. Seems very complicated, maybe to avoid the risk of overheating it? I just cook it in the oven at 140 for an hour, no water at all, then strain it, would as I said be v interested to see if other methods work better :)

Edited by Ishmael

Thanks for your comments @@Ishmael , i'm quite eager to try your ratios. I'm going to use 3.5-4 grams in this batch of coconut oil to see how the effects are, as my mother will be taking them, not me. I thought the point of this method was to reduce cannabis "intoxication" effects and support the medicinal ones more. The method you use decarbs the weed (if i'm correct) and makes it more psychoactive. I hope someone can verify this for me.

I'm pretty baked myself as I'm cooking ...

:spliff:

Thanks for your comments @@Ishmael , i'm quite eager to try your ratios. I'm going to use 3.5-4 grams in this batch of coconut oil to see how the effects are, as my mother will be taking them, not me. I thought the point of this method was to reduce cannabis "intoxication" effects and support the medicinal ones more. The method you use decarbs the weed (if i'm correct) and makes it more psychoactive. I hope someone can verify this for me.

I'm pretty baked myself as I'm cooking ...

:spliff:

go with suppositories for less effect.

Decarbing makes it so all the meds are good, in case the herb was not properly dried first and to make sure it hits a temp where its guaranteed to be done and your body can uptake whats needed.

As far as I understand it anyway.

• Like 1