Fans

glenny1

Hi glenny1,

I'm only on my first grow, but from the info. I've picked up so far I'd say definately yes!

The main purpose of the fans, both extraction and movement, is to provide your seedlings with fresh CO2. If you don't use fans your plants will be struggling to breathe!

Also, the air movement will thicken and strengthen the plant stems, which will help them hold more weight later on.

Hope this helps,

- Lucid. :headpain:

Hi glenny1,

I'm only on my first grow, but from the info. I've picked up so far I'd say definately yes!

The main purpose of the fans, both extraction and movement, is to provide your seedlings with fresh CO2. If you don't use fans your plants will be struggling to breathe!

Also, the air movement will thicken and strengthen the plant stems, which will help them hold more weight later on.

Hope this helps,

- Lucid.  :yep:

291735[/snapback]

Cheers Lucid

If you're talking about an extraction fan, yes you should be using one.

I'f you're talking about an oscilating fan then I've only done one grow and didn't bother using one, nothing died. :yep:

Intake and extraction fans/holes or whatever are always need mate, for the reason listed.... The more C02, the more they grow.

Personally, I don't put oscillating fans directly onto plants that aren't at least 8-10 inches high, with a decent root structure, and even then I wouldn't point anything straight at them. Over the top seems to work for me!

Hope this helps.....

Alan :yuck:

• 2 weeks later...

you need good air circulation as much as poss!! without altering ur g/r temp if poss, I use a £9 medium size desk fan on a 15min segmental timer, 15min on then 15 off for 24/7 and thats just at one end of my drobe blowing right down the middle of the pots, works great :notworthy: