Strawberry Amnesia

Paradise Alley

Hey folks, I'm currently fettling my environment for a single plant grow of Strawberry Amnesia. I'm due to germinate on the 23rd September. I have a 60cm wide grow tent with 180cm of height, although a good bit of that is taken up with the filter and light. I have just over 1m from the top of the pot to the light so I hope that's enough for this strain. I'm used to a bit of training as you can see from my previous diaries! I'm planning to grow in soil, and my light is a 150w digital. I have MH and HPS bulbs, and I'm considering bolstering this with a dangled red CFL for flowering. I expect that this strain will show a fair bit of height, so I'm going to go 12/12 as soon as I've got the seedling transplanted into its final pot after maybe two weeks max? Have never done any photo strains before, or anything sativa dominant... Will post plenty pics!! Love y'all x

• Like 1

How many plants are you planning to put in your tent and how long do you plan to veg? I currently have less height then you do (~160cm), with a bit of training and not too lengthy veg, i think you should be fine.

How many plants are you planning to put in your tent and how long do you plan to veg? I currently have less height then you do (~160cm), with a bit of training and not too lengthy veg, i think you should be fine.

I think only 1 plant and a short veg time probably around 2 weeks?

This strain can do a 2x stretch so if you flip @25-35 cm with some lst training maybe topping you should finish up around 80cm giving you 20cm to work with

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

That's right Mark, I was planning a single plant grow with very short veg period. I reckon I've a good metre of potential plant height, allowing plenty of distance for the light. More at a push, I reckon with a little LST I can squeeze one in there. I'm a bit scared of topping and I've never done it before so hopefully that will be avoidable. I've grown in a 70cm box before so my 180cm tent seems like epic height to me, think that's why I was quite ambitious with the choice of seed. I appreciate getting that free powerkush too, don't think there's any way of squeezing that in too... Part of me is tempted to try that first as it seems a bit more manageable, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Will deffo try out that powerkush though, heard good things about it looks a good all round plant. First time with Dinafem, hope I can achieve something akin to the excellent results I've seen elsewhere. Pics to come up soon!

• Like 1

That's right Mark, I was planning a single plant grow with very short veg period. I reckon I've a good metre of potential plant height, allowing plenty of distance for the light. More at a push, I reckon with a little LST I can squeeze one in there. I'm a bit scared of topping and I've never done it before so hopefully that will be avoidable. I've grown in a 70cm box before so my 180cm tent seems like epic height to me, think that's why I was quite ambitious with the choice of seed. I appreciate getting that free powerkush too, don't think there's any way of squeezing that in too... Part of me is tempted to try that first as it seems a bit more manageable, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Will deffo try out that powerkush though, heard good things about it looks a good all round plant. First time with Dinafem, hope I can achieve something akin to the excellent results I've seen elsewhere. Pics to come up soon!

I'm sure you will do great and there is lots of knowledgeable and help full growers all over the uk420 forum. If you are just doing the 1 plant/1 light you might do well with a scrogg grow I've seen 1 plant in that space look like 4 it is all in the training. I was petrified the 1st time I topped but once I had done it half dozen times it is a very simple easy method to get multiple tops maybe just try 1 at first?

Anyway I'm here if you have any questions :) and so are the good folks here at uk420 :) you'll do great ;)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Thanks Mark. I did think about topping and scrogging, I'll no doubt call upon your expertise once it's gets to that stage. I've finished fettling my environment now. I added a fan speed transformer for stealth ;) It's running 28 degrees in the hottest area of the tent even on a well hot day, so I'm chuffed with that. Got my lots and measured up again and I can accommodate a plant up to 1m 10cm allowing for pots and light clearance, not too shabby. I'm gonna plant in a wee peat pot full of coco, then transplant I to a 6.5l pot to flower. I want to have it in the final pot after just a few weeks veg, so I'm going to do everything I can to get the roots going in a hurry. Think I'm gonna get that hesi nutrient pack for coco. Will post pics when it kicks off once I'm back from holidays! Thanks again

• Like 1

There are quite a few good root stimulators such as amino root by metrop and it works in any medium, I have used canna rizotonic, hypro root stimulator and a product by Dutch pro but I forget the name, I think pm (plant magic) also have a good product for getting those roots pumping. Have you thought about using a 6-8l air pot? They allowed me to reduce my medium by half whilst giving me a 20-40% better yeild ;), just a thought :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is at a buddies house so updates are scares I'm afraid. Just a quick note to let you know that this has now been on 12/12 for six days now, and it's showing signs of early flowering. We topped it after the third or fourth set of true leaves. It has since bushed out like a motherfucker. My first time with a Sativa and I expected it to be skinnier and wimpier, even with the topping, but it's an absolute machine during veg. Very hungry and vigorous plant. Hope i didn't overlook the vegging... I'd say it's about 14 inches from the soil, bushy as hell. If it does a 3.5x stretch from where it is I should fit in the space he has... I hope!! Photos to follow as soon as there's budz, she's on biobizz with all the boosters. High expectations of this strain judging by what I've seen so far.

• Like 2

Nice that your SA are in flower! :yep: I must agree, the SA seems to be quite vigorous. From the 4 girls currently in my drobe, i only found one to be a little more stretchy, the rest were rather normal in growth and weren't overwhelming the space during the first weeks of flower, though. Looking forward to your pictures...

This is at a buddies house so updates are scares I'm afraid. Just a quick note to let you know that this has now been on 12/12 for six days now, and it's showing signs of early flowering. We topped it after the third or fourth set of true leaves. It has since bushed out like a motherfucker. My first time with a Sativa and I expected it to be skinnier and wimpier, even with the topping, but it's an absolute machine during veg. Very hungry and vigorous plant. Hope i didn't overlook the vegging... I'd say it's about 14 inches from the soil, bushy as hell. If it does a 3.5x stretch from where it is I should fit in the space he has... I hope!! Photos to follow as soon as there's budz, she's on biobizz with all the boosters. High expectations of this strain judging by what I've seen so far.

Thank you for the update kind sir. You will find our strawberry amnesia to be very vigorous plant both in veg and flower, she will produce massive colas and I've only seen a maximum 2.5x stretch so you should be good :). You will need plenty off support for those top branches they can pack some serious weight on (all phenos do very well).

Again thank you for the update much appreciated ;)

All the best

D-M..

I'm sure it will be a very popular strain, I see there are some other diaries here where the grows are almost finished, I'm watching keenly. Don't want to jinx it but i's looking like a perfect fit for the space. I will start thinking about some means of plant support, thanks for the tip. Incidentally, the power kush was also a spritely little number. It was kept going for as long as there was was space just to check it out and as a backup. Was already getting a bit stinky when culled - there must be a few proper stinky phenos kicking about in those seeds!

• Like 1

Photos once I figure out how to upload em.... Promise. Bloody iPads, photo size shmoto size

No problem you can set the pictures size in your camera settings on your ipad ;). Its probably set like my galaxy 4:3 roughly 4000 x 3000 around (3mb/pic) which uk420 and most forums just cannot upload. I just knocked the size back to the smallest which got me good pictures at 850kb 800 x 600 and have no problem. You maybe able get a compression app from your store I'm on aos (android operating system) & not too familiar with ios but sure you can find a picture compression tool but its very easy in camera settings :).

All the best look forward to the shots

D-M.

Strawberry Amnesia in week 1 of flower

Figured it out now, been ages since I posted on here.

Thanks for all your help so far Mark. Pretty impressive after-sales for the cost of a single seed, and very much appreciated. Really pleased with the way the plant has handled everything so far. It even survived a day in the car during a flat inspection with no ill effects

Love y'all x :afro2:

• Like 1