We created God, and not the other way round...

Bones de WeedZard

Guest bazzad9

bye bye troll.

ah the good old troll card

it was you that entered the thread to simply comment on uk420 members and not the topic

who is the troll again ????

It all seems related to brain chemistry to me , if you believe in God whatever is presented to you will be used to show that your belief in God is correct

I think most people have had experiences which could be interpreted in different ways , spiritual , religious or simply the result of chemicals in the brain

I spent a few weeks thinking I was the second coming of Jesus, but I had failed in my duty to save humanity. Bloody manic psychosis :doh:

E2A I'm being quite serious, was having hallucinations that were messages from God & all sorts of shit. Scary stuff when you are finally over it and look back on exactly how fucked up your mind can get without you realising that anything is wrong.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Guest bazzad9

I spent a few weeks thinking I was the second coming of Jesus, but I had failed in my duty to save humanity. Bloody manic psychosis :doh:

E2A I'm being quite serious, was having hallucinations that were messages from God & all sorts of shit. Scary stuff when you are finally over it and look back on exactly how fucked up your mind can get without you realising that anything is wrong.

they did an experiment somewhere once whre they put two together that both thought they where jesus ......ill try and find it ,i really cant remember much about it other than it weas interesting and the outcome was to never do it again

ah the good old troll card

it was you that entered the thread to simply comment on uk420 members and not the topic

who is the troll again ????

you. the member on a cannabis forum who never contributes to anything canna based, but finds all the time in the world to attack anyone wanting to discuss god or religion. bye bye troll

Edited by MD84

I rarely post about growing, because I don't have the knowledge so don't want to give bad advice. I often rant about shit, though. Does that make me a troll too ? :sadwalk:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

Guest bazzad9

you. the member on a cannabis forum who never contributes to anything canna based, but finds all the time in the world to attack anyone wanting to discuss god or religion. bye bye troll

i have nothing to offer in the growing department but have the utmost respect for those that do

so i do my bit in the other sections where i can

see i dont attack people and never have ......ideas ...yes but people no

thats just the excuse trotted out by those that dont want there bubble burst ......playing the martyr

the attacks in these threads funnily enough come from those that you accuse me of attacking

they dont attack my ideas they attack me .....as shown by you ...its called projection

im safe discussing my ideas because if im shown im wrong its real easy to change my mind .....when stuck with a dogma its not so easy

hence the projection and personal attacks

and im the fucking troll :rofl:

Wish i'd heeded the shitfest warning now, there's time gone i'll never get back again reading each post eagerly anticipating an interesting discussion on an intriguing Op.

Boojum it must have been interesting thoughts during your time as Jesus and i've heard people say they reckon he himself was bipolar, seems plausible if you think about it.

• Like 1

Wish i'd heeded the shitfest warning now, there's time gone i'll never get back again reading each post eagerly anticipating an interesting discussion on an intriguing Op.

Boojum it must have been interesting thoughts during your time as Jesus and i've heard people say they reckon he himself was bipolar, seems plausible if you think about it.

In retrospect it was very strange (well, of course it was, it was a psychotic episode, that's kinda the definition of strange lol). I didn't think I was Jesus, I thought I was the next messiah, the second coming as son of God, but not another Jesus. The strange thing about how that particular episode manifested itself is that I gave up on religion when I was a kid (was made to go to Sunday School every Sunday morning followed by church but that stopped when my folks split up when I was, I dunno, 10 or 11 and I either realised or decided, depending on how you look at it, that I didn't believe in God), so it seems very strange to me that a psychotic episode would manifest itself in religious delusions. But (without at all wishing to offend anyone) I kinda think perhaps 'religious experience' (at least some kinds - the "God spoke to me." kind) and psychosis..., perhaps the same thing :unsure: Like I said, don't wish to offend anyone, just an opinion based on personal experience, not being stated as 'fact' ;)

• Like 5

Fascinating @@Boojum - do you mind me asking if there was a specific trigger? And how did you change?

I think we are all delusional. Some are victims of their delusion and others choose their own delusion.

:D

NC

Fascinating @@Boojum - do you mind me asking if there was a specific trigger? And how did you change?

I think we are all delusional. Some are victims of their delusion and others choose their own delusion.

:D

NC

Don't think there was a specific trigger. I've had a number of psychotic episodes and (the manic depressive kind anyway - and indeed my kind of manic depression, can't really comment on any other kind of psychosis) they just crept up on me. That's the insidious thing about them. If you wake up one morning thinking you're getting messages from God, or (as examples from other psychotic episodes I've had) thinking you are the only human being and everyone else has been taken over by aliens, or seeing advertising hoardings with you on them saying you're a cunt, but only out of the corner of your eyes, they change when you look at them, if you suddenly wake up to that one day I'm sure you'd think it's a bit strange. But it creeps up on you over weeks, the world gradually changes to be wrong, but you just don't notice. It's only after you are over them and look back on them you think "Fuck me, how did I not realise ?" But that's the thing innit - everything we know and experience is created in the mind, so if the mind starts telling you lies how are you to know ? There is no objective experience, it's all subjective, it's just most of the time for most people the subjective experience is fairly close to objective reality.

• Like 1

Guest bazzad9

I think we are all delusional.

most definatly ,i think it is part of our survival

we kid ourselfs most days about things like death and risks ,things like it wont happen to me etc ,,,,,if we faced the reality of things like that all the time we would probably give up

we delude ourselfs

"ill feel better tomorrow ,ill go to bed and start the new day afresh" that sort of thing comforts us ....we could just as much me worse die in our sleep etc,comfirmation bias is another we all suffer from .the truth would be more usefull but we delude ourselfs to make us feel better ,and it can be argued that works in our favour ,sometimes the comfort is more value than the truth

im promising myself ill do that job that needs the big heavy ladder tomorrow ......im deluding myself of course ......ive been saying it since last tuesday

the delusion comforts my mind so its not a thing that troubles me ...i have it covered ,its all in hand and under control ,tomorrow ill do it so no need to worry about it ..........deluding myself

i think obvioulsy there are levels

I have a bi-polar friend who slips in and out of religious phases. one day he is normal (or as normal as he gets), the next he is out on the town wearing a 'jesus loves you' t-shirt preaching to anyone he can about god. he did a grow of several plants once, just as they were drying one of his manic phases came on and he sold the whole crop and put the cash in the tray at the local church.