Hi all,

I am about to germinate a few seeds, I have plenty of 1.5" cubes as I usualy deal with clones. Am I OK to put the seeds in the cubes ? If not I will get some jiffy #'s or go sraight into soil. But it would be nice to keep away from the grow shop until its needed, so are rockwool cubes OK for seeds ?

Cheers. GV.

Hi all,

I am about to germinate a few seeds, I have plenty of 1.5" cubes as I usualy deal with clones. Am I OK to put the seeds in the cubes ? If not I will get some jiffy #'s or go sraight into soil. But it would be nice to keep away from the grow shop until its needed, so are rockwool cubes OK for seeds ?

Cheers. GV.

Yup, they work fine though I use 'rootit' cubes now cos there is no prep to do, they run straight from the pack.

atb

stu

• Like 1

@@stu914

Well done mate, theroy sounded good in my head but just wanted a little nudge before commiting my seeds. Haven't germinated for years so a little edgy. Cheers for the info :yep:

• Like 1

@@GreenVision

No problem, I used clones for years but have limited access to them now so am on the seeds. I put them straight into the cubes, no paper towels, soaking in water or any other such tosh, tear a little bit off the bottom to cover the hole, bung into a propagator (keeps the cube moist) and under cfls 'til they pop up then lid off and away we go...

atb

stu

Are you growing in soil? If so, would using rockwool be wise, compared to root riot cubes or jiffys?

pT :yinyang:

I am not to sure yet. I know that sounds a little amature but I will decide at the grow shop. Chances are they will go into biobizz all mix, but I might have a go at coco with them, not sure yet. GV.

• Like 1

@@stu914

No worries. I have always found rockwool cubes the best thing to use. I have tried jiffy's, Riot, etc and I always go back to the cubes, but when I used seeds a few years back I would go straight into soil, so I wanted to ask before just going at it. Cheers again mate. GV.

• Like 1

Hello! Now i`m interested as well, about rockwool cubes in to soil )

Hi mate, rockwool cubes into soil works fine. I have just cut 2 down done in that way, I also have 5 plants 10 weeks into flowering and 3 clones vegging the same way. Just wait for the first root to show out of the rockwool and carfeully place it into soil. Use a spare cube to get a good shape in the soil. Works fine, I was jsu a little unsure how seeds straight into rockwool would work, but cubes into soil no problem. GV.

• Like 1