Favourite wii u games

Guest Theokoles

Guest Theokoles

Thats why i bought mine just for Mario Karts, keep checking with high street stores sometimes they do offers with games included, best purchase ive made its good fun :)

• Like 2

Well worth it @@OLaC I'm not a big video gamer and only really ever used my PS3 for BBC iPlayer! Love the way the Wii U and Mariokart is so playable by young, old and inexperienced. I usually manage to fit in a couple of sessions a week, usually when the family are all in bed.

Nice one @ I'm gonna change my race combo!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You lot not feel wii is more aimmer towards child gamers? Don't get me wrong i love mario kart. I actually forgot about zelda but dam that was a wicked game. Played that for hours lol infact I'd probably buy a wii for mario and zelda alone.

• Like 1

Partly aimed at kids but most adults I've played MK8 with have had a right laugh! More about less serious gaming than games for kids IMO.

• Like 1

I think the idea that Nintendo games are aimed at kids is false, they've just never relied on violence, gore and swearing to sell their games, instead they rely on that old-fashioned thing called gameplay.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Theokoles

Wii u update, 3 new mercedes cars to race with available free, also options to buy lots more. New drivers like Link from The Legend of Zelda and Villager from Animal Crossing will take the wheel in two new Cups totaling 16 new tracks, including classic tracks like Wario’s Gold Mine and new tracks with Animal Crossing and Zelda themes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/08/27/new-mario-kart-8-dlc-brings-new-tracks-bikes-and-characters-to-nintendos-hit-racing-game/

Edited by Theokoles
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK I gone n dunnit!

Managed to get 2nd hand premium edition with Nintendo land, 3 motion plus Wii motes 2 nunchucks and pro controller, wireless sensor bar and donkey Kong and mario world u and Mario kart 8 for 290 delivered off the bay...

Look forward to seeing you all online e :)

• Like 1

Guest Theokoles

Bargain OLaC, had Donky Kong Country the Return for the Wii, was pretty amazing game to be honest. If its Donky Kong The Final freeze you have it looks to be pretty awsome. You wont be dissapointed with any of those games, but its all about the karting lol see you on the tarmac :)

• Like 1

Bargain OLaC, had Donky Kong Country the Return for the Wii, was pretty amazing game to be honest. If its Donky Kong The Final freeze you have it looks to be pretty awsome. You wont be dissapointed with any of those games, but its all about the karting lol see you on the tarmac :)

Yeah, tropical freeze, just been reading reviews and all good so far. Was gonna get Mario 3d world as loved the n64 version but £40-50 seems insane! So i bought a second hand copy of Mario galaxy 2 for Wii as I only played the first one and was a bargain at 12 quid.

It only took my mate to bring his and mario kart round last week and I was sold!

Plus with super smash Bros just around the corner too :yes:

Problem is its all still in box as got overnight shift tonight..:blub:

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 1

Good deal that.

Some great games on the way too,

Mariomaker looks brilliant, make your own mario courses in nes style,

Then play in 3dworld style.

Mario3d is worth getting , im sure you can find one for less than 40quid

• Like 1

Cheers @@ramblingmadman hadn't heard of Mario maker, sounds awesome will go check it ou now :)

Cheapest I've found Mario 3d is £33, I'll wait til I've caned in all the games i got at the most and will grab it when it hits the £20-25 mark :)

What's your recommendarions for games when friends are around? Any of the cods do offline split screen? When I went back to PC gaming I did miss the laughs we used to have playing cod 4 way split screen. Also any good multiplayer recommendations that the lasess enjoy so I don't have to turn it off if someone brings their missus round :)

E2a: obviously I mean apart from Mario kart ;)

Oh and is there any blag on getting cheaper downloaded games with Nintendo points or promotions? I skimmed a few threads on reedit about it but didn't know if it was USA only? There is a scratch off pin on one of the boxes which hasn't been scratched yet too?

Edited by OLaC