Hollands Hope It Is Then

Angel

Righto thats it then, I've ordered Hollands Hope for 2005 growing season.

Early Riser was good but I hope Hollands Hope will be better.

Eeeeeek I just checked the strain report, 3-4 metres tall Yikes! :guitar: ,

I will have to bend it like Yuri Geller!

Will be worth it for the mould resistance . . . won't it?

What varieties are you growing this year folks?

lol

Edited by Angel

Good choice Angel, you cannot go wrong with HH, I have grown these for many years now and have never had plants that got above 2.5 metres except for one male which was missed and grew a flower spike up to about 3.5 metres.

This year I will be growing;

Hollands Hope

Passion #1

Voodoo

possibly Khola

& one other which I haven't decided upon yet.

Good luck with your grow.

Magpie :unsure:

Got to be Durban again. I've grown it successfully outside many times and although last year was very low yield it came in on time with very little mould. I tried Early Girl a few years ago but wasn't that pleased with it, big bud and cali orange were better but Durban is such a good smoke.

Thank goodness 2.5 Metres you say - pheeew ;)

Those varieties sound good to me, good to get real feedback, not just whats written on the packet.

;)

Hey Angel,

Great to hear you've already decided your outdoor strain, it is that kind of year. I can already feel the excitement bubbling. I love growing under the sun, for me nothing quite tastes the same.

Regarding your choice of hollands hope, I just wanted to check you had looked at a thread by Highest Grade from last years season in which he grew out some of these beans.

Let us know how you get on :notworthy:

- Mojo

DO NOT BUY Nirvana HH! i made that mistake and i had plenty of mould last year!

I'm going with sensi outdoor mix, maybe Flying Dutchamns Early Durban and Skunk #1

Good Luck

HG

This year I will be mainly growing

power Plant (flowering as i type)

Sensi star (flowering)

Orange bud (flowering)

Big Bud (Flowering)

Blueberry (flowering)

Jack herer (germing)

Magic Bud (germing)

Pure (germing)

Northen lights (thanks to a very nice 420 man :woot: )

And in veg I have

orange Bud

Sensi indoor mix

maple leaf

so enough to keep me going :D

Does anyone know how similar Holland's Hoop is to Holland's Hope?

I mean the name is pretty similar so they have to be related somehow surely??

Considering how cheap Holland's Hoop is they seem like they could be very good value....

some new ones hopefully ;) , need some new flavours this year me thinks, will have to go from seed tho and i hate that, messing about with males :)

i like my enviroment a female one :yep:

• 3 months later...

im also doing Hollands Hope and some Early bud, cheap seeds from Nirvana. Maybe also some Leda Uno from KCBrains.

It's been raining loads and its also pretty cold so i think a greenhouse is the only option for so far north. May also do force flowering with a few...try anyway :guitar:

• 5 months later...

Guirillas Ghusto from sensi :bush: This will be my first outdoor grow :spliff:

yeh man!! fantastic durban skunk! i grew for the first time outdoors this year with durban skunk feminised seeds, £50 from cornish hydro shop. lovely smoke and high although not that strong! but i havested just after we had that first heavy down poor in october. so may be a lot of resin was washed off. buds look very green but when smoked gives a supprisingly good high!

started late in the season, germanating begining of june, tallest plant about 2.5 metres with about 1-2oz of bud, started flowering 3rd week of august and cropped at 2nd week of october after the 3 day piss down!! floods every where with only a little bit of mold! 3 plants grown, one much stronger early finisher and one just went moldy but had fallen on the floor about early september.

these plants were not looked after, but really healthy! i dug a metre squered area with a fork and poored loads chicken pellets and blood fish and bone in, mixed it all up (about 3 x times more the what it said on the box) result= organicly grown durban sativa weed under uk light, not much sun and loads of rain!

take care, love to hear feed back from other outdoor growers and strains from this year! 2005 harvest.

:blub: :blub: