Spider's Star Ryders

SpiderKamenetzki

Hello everybody,

This thread will act as a grow diary for my two Star Ryders that I've just started alongside some of the Sweet Seeds autos. Since I didn't think it was appropriate to record my experiences with Dutch Passion plants in the Sweet Seeds forums and vice versa, I've decided to make this separate thread for them. So, first of all an enormous shout out and thank you to @@DutchPassionTony for very kindly providing me with the Star Ryder pips. I'm honoured to have been given an opportunity to grow these out for myself.

Now, a quick run down of the equipment and media I will be using:

Environment

Budbox Large Grow Tent

5" SystemAir RVK (220m3/h) - extraction, first 2 weeks only

6" Ruck EtaLine (600m3/h) with carbon filter

Media

Plant Magic Soil Supreme

6 x 10 litre Air Pots

Light

80cm Sunking Parabolic (silver)

1 x 125w Blue Spectrum CFL (weeks 1-2)

1 x 600w Dual Spectrum Sunmaster(weeks 3-5)

1 x 600w Osram Son-T-Plus (week 6+)

I will be using the passive intake vents for this grow.

A quick photo of all the nutrients and additives I'll be using to grow these ladies:

gallery_23208_8368_194219.jpeg

Pre-grow

On Friday the seeds were left to soak over night in water for 12 hours. The pots and soil were prepared, with a generous layer of granules added about two thirds of the way up each pot, and also a sprinkling more in the seed hole. At approximately midday on Saturday the seeds were placed into their pots. The tops of the pots were then covered in cling film and left in the tent with the radiator on.

gallery_23208_8368_107085.jpeg

I will be back later with an update :)

• Like 3

Good luck Spider,You will love em they are a great plant ,will be following this one :)

Cheers Styer, I've been well excited about doing them. From the diaries I've read they seem like a great strain and a winning smoke.

Good luck, love the StarRyders should be a cracking grow :)

Thanks vapes, I'll have an update later this eve :)

This update is for DAY 2 which was yesterday.

Once again Dutch Passion comes through with the goods as both Star Ryders had smashed their way through the surface of the soil when I awoke on Monday morning. Bad ass. Out of the 6 plants in the tent, they also seem the most healthy and vigorous. I can already tell I'm going to love these little ladies, they seem to have a 'no bullshit' attitude. Really impressed with the DP germination rate. I'm 8/8 so far with the ones I've grown. Not a lot else to say at the moment except all is well and going as planned! So... onto the pics.

Star Ryder #1

gallery_23208_8368_40033.jpeg

Star Ryder #2

gallery_23208_8368_23755.jpeg

Next update will be at some point over the weekend. Stay tuned :)

• Like 2

Enjoy the grow Spider, you should love the StarRyder it's one of our best selling auto's and we get great customer feedback on her. Here is a curious thing about StarRyder. Normally if I am taking a sly toke on my vaporiser the wife says she can't really smell it. Recently I got some StarRyder, 'That stuff stinks when you vaporise it' said the wife, who is right. It has a deep rich typical ganja smell and a strong solid stone

• Like 1

Thanks v much Tony, I'm looking forward to giving it a try. I have to say I preferred the stone from the 'newer' autos from the last grow (the AWW and the BAM) to the slightly older Think Different. I'm not sure why. Something about the highs for those two were a little nicer. I'm hoping the same is true of the Star Ryder, though I'm not worried as you personally recommended the AWW and SR in another thread, and the AWW definitely did not disappoint!

Looking forward to seeing the results @@SpiderKamenetzki

Good luck with your grow!

:v:

Thank you sir! This'll be my third and I'm pretty sure I've got the nutrients sussed this time so hopefully no fuck ups :)

This update was for DAY 7 which was yesterday.

So the girls have been alive for a week now, all is well, nothing really to report. They are definitely the most vigorous plants in the tent right now, noticeably larger than their Sweet counterparts as well. One of them got a bit top heavy and had flopped over when I opened up the tent, so she got a neck brace. Although she looks droopy in the picture below, she's all straightened up now. Still not had any need to water them, as there is plenty left in the pots. They probably won't need it again until the 2 week mark, when the dual spectrum bulb comes on.

Anyway, here they are:

Star Ryder #1

gallery_23208_8368_560375.jpg

Star Ryder #2

gallery_23208_8368_238887.jpg

This update is for DAY 13, which was on Sunday

Light: 600w Dual Spectrum Sunmaster @ 18/6

Temperature: 31C (Canopy) - 25C (Soil) - 22C (Dark period)

Feed: 1ml per litre of OT Grow

Additives: 0.5 per litre of both PM Bio-Silicon and Bio-Wetter

So the first two weeks are over and out of the way, and while some of the other plants in the tent have been a little precocious in their behaviour, the Star Ryders are still continuing exactly as they have done since they emerged out the ground. Out of the 6 plants in the tent, the 2 Star Ryders are both the biggest at this point, with the thickest stems and the most vigorous growth. Nothing seems to bother these babies, they seem to just want to GROW! If they carry on like this for the full 12 weeks that I've allotted them, then I'll be a very happy man. Once again, great genetics on display from the DP autos, in fact this plant seems tighter than the Think Differents I grew last time round. I'd say so far they're on a par with the AutoWhite Widow and Blue AutoMazar, but then again it is still early days. The plants have had their first feed and seemed to have loved it. I've heard these girls get hungry quite quickly, so anyone with any feeding advice for this strain is welcome to comment and educate me further on this matter :)

Star Ryder #1

gallery_23208_8368_204976.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_160586.jpeg

Star Ryder #2

gallery_23208_8368_66736.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_68642.jpeg

Next update for these ladies will be on Thursday (day 17)

• Like 1

glad to hear they are behaving themselves spider. Most of the people that grow auto's in airpots seem to get solid results, keep it going

Thanks for the comments guys. Unfortunately I didn't have time to take pictures before I had to leave for Amsterdam, so no updates until Monday I'm afraid. Still, 3 days in Mecca, bring it on!

Any recommendations of what to try? I'm a Sativa man, if I had to pick a side.

Hey spider looking lovely.. Just br carefull with feeding them this early...i dont feed autos for about 4 weeks I think there is plenty nutes in soil till then imo :)

I do love StarRyers ,smell is something special