Growing regs in a hydro system & sexing.. help needed

Guest 818

I'm finally planning to come away from fem'd seeds, but my only issue is sexing the plants. By the time the plants show sex the roots will be all tangled and I wont be able to remove the males. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do? using amazon system btw.

Just grow a mum and take cuts, or have several mums and run different strains together. Takes a little more time and setup than just running fems but absolutely worth it imo. :smokin:

Take a clean scalpel and chop the roots where they are tangled, healthy dose of root stim in the res and job done mate....too many growers over think things, myself included....yes they might be stunted for a day or two but after that they will be fine mate; they are weeds after all! lol

Guest 818

Take a clean scalpel and chop the roots where they are tangled, healthy dose of root stim in the res and job done mate....too many growers over think things, myself included....yes they might be stunted for a day or two but after that they will be fine mate; they are weeds after all! lol

Wouldn't that leave a load of dead roots in the system? = pythium

Wouldn't that leave a load of dead roots in the system? = pythium

If you put enzymes into the res then this will break down the dead roots. The root stim is to aid the generation of new roots but the Cannazyme or Hygrozyme is essential when removing plants from hydro. :smokin:

• Like 1
Guest 818

Thanks a lot guys, so I just need cannazyme and hygrozyme and a root stim in the res and i'm good?

Going to pop some killerskunks tonight :oldtoker:

@

No dude, cut the root where they are tangled, minimal as possible, and then take them out and into the bin along with the male.....wear some latex gloves to minimize contamination etc

Edit: I use regen-a-root by CX, good stuff...never rated cannazyme or rhizotonic tbh

Edited by Dosti
Guest 818

@

No dude, cut the root where they are tangled, minimal as possible, and then take them out and into the bin along with the male.....wear some latex gloves to minimize contamination etc

Edit: I use regen-a-root by CX, good stuff...never rated cannazyme or rhizotonic tbh

Ok mate I get ya. Thanks for the help