Please help my Oldtimes x Cheese + others are falling apart

leng

Well 1st of all hi to all, iv not been around for a while but thought id better get some advice from you guys ;)
Iv got 5 plants, 3 different strains, (x2 Oldtimes x U.K Cheese, x2 Super skunk, x1 Cotton candy), which iv grown all of them before, and only one is doing ok

Theyre all in coco, being fed an E.C of 1.0-1.2 max using dutch pro base feed and plant magic root stim.

i usually just use Canna, but thought id try the plant magic stuff, as i was already using the root stim with good results, but they didnt have it in the shop at the time, so i opted for the dutch pro, i was after a soft water base feed instead of the standard Canna after taking up some advice from kali but it doesnt seem to be going too well :fear: leaves just seem to be dieing off left right and centre.

Heres a pic of the leafs at different stages of death, starts of from leaf 1 and progresses to the 3rd leaf, before eventually falling off

gallery_56253_5273_31133.jpg

Edited by leng

Wild stab in the dark, but as you havesoft water, could it be a cal/mag problem? Ive got hard water so never had that prob, but looks similar to others Ive seen on here. Is everything call with your environment? And pH? Hope you get it sorted bruv. Atb, reds.

• Like 1

Hey leng wb bro :smokin: Looks like it could be cal\mag to me.

Laptops screen colours kinda funny, so cant tell properly tbh

pT :yinyang:

• Like 1

There's def a deficiency or lockout somewhere there mate.

What Ph range are you running?

Does the soft water based feed throw your PH when added?

Are you in veg or flower, looks like a phos problem.

RR

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys guys

iv no idea what my ph is at the mo as im without a pen, the daft thing bust on me again (pen 4)

enviroments spot on temps 26-27c RH 40-50% not sure on the night temps ill check those later, and also currently at around week 6 of veg under a 250w metal halide.

im going to see if i can get to the shop today and grip another PH pen.

If the Ph is ok then whats the best solution guys,

Leng

Plant Magic do a Cal/mag additive, or Epsom salts. But it does look like a mag defic.

Atb mate, reds

• Like 1

Cheers for that reds, i ended up getting some cal/mag, lets see if they turn themselves around now ehh......hope so

Leng

If im using a pacific soft water base feed, instead of Canna and iv got to put the extra additive with it.... is there any point in even using the soft water stuff?? whats the actual benefits from it to say Canna???

Leng

leng, i've had this before or something very similar & its definitely due to the soft water, usually just use a teaspoon ever week or so & the plants recover.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Joint hogger, never really had a problem like this before with canna, been using it a few year now, but thought id give something different a shot, i originally intended to get the plant magic, but had to settle for

dutch pro instead as it wasn't in stock at the time, been giving them 0.5 per litre of the P.M cal/mag with an e.c of 1.0-1.2 and they seem to be picking up.

Could kick myself sometimes :doh: my ph was coming in at around 7.0-7.5 didnt bother with a new pen, i ended up getting the little ph testing kit, the growth technology one.

iv stopped using the root stim now also, which i must have been using way too much before to bring the ph up like that, without it ph sits around 5.5 - 6.0 bit difficult to tell really as youve just a colour chart to go off.

I did have some pics, but they came out pretty shit tbh so they got deleted.

Leng :yinyang: