Need Advice On Air Con Unit

Turlock

Hello guys and gals

Need some advice from anyone who knows about using a portable air con unit to reduce temps.My grow room is 10ft x 5 x 7 high,last grow with 1200W running,temps were between 28 and 34ish with my ruck200 running and the door open.What I need to know is,how can I calculate what size unit I will need to reduce the temp by "x" degrees in my room,and how much power will it use.I'd like to get it up to 2500W - 3000W [50W/sq.ft - 60W/sq.ft],with the door closed so I don't need to be there everyday to close the door at lights out.

Thanks

Have you looked at air cooling your shades, that seems excessively hot for a room that size with relatively little lighting.

Dont know a deal abou air-con but ive used the portable ones before and to be honest i found they didnt warrant the amount of electric being used ,were only bringing down temps by 1-2 degrees.

i know vert hanging your bulbs with no shades has a massive effect on the heat put out,and the paraboli shades with a fan attached work treat as well

Maybe I should have said I was using 2 adjusta wing reflectors and only one small oscillating fan to stir the air up.Also the room is a curtained off area of my bedroom,so ambient temps around the house are about 20Deg C.

I thought about using air cooled reflectors but was told they wouldn't make much difference,what difference do you think they make?

I would say aircooled hoods,setup correctly have a massive effect,especially the parabolic shades where the bulb hangs vertically.

Have you got an air in and out fan setup?

I would suggest trying what you can, but remember a air con is gonna be another 2kw + to run sorry i cant tell you anymore about them.

:yinyang:

Right,it looks like the running cost of an aircon unit will be too much anyway.So....there'll be a Ruck200 drawing air in from the cavity wall insulation vent,a Ruck250 with carbonfilter chucking out the stale air,and in the way of passive vents,I'll use 3-4,eight inch diameter ducting sections,made into an "S" shape to prevent light leaks.

Anymore lights that I buy will have air cooled reflectors.Any suggestions on what I should do with my 2 adjusta wing reflectors?,I presume the light fittings are interchangable.