The Vault

Road_Runner

Hi Guys,

I currently grow at another place and with the hassle of a recent inspection causing me to have to stash all my mums, I've decided to build a min cab at home so I can keep all my genetics close and backed up.

I don't have much space, and I wanted to try and do it on the cheap with old bits I had lying around.

I can't have it in the house so have cleared out the back shed/outhouse and built a little box out of an old chest of drawers.

This is the space I have:

Back Shed/Outhouse

Inside Back Shed/Outhouse

I will fully insulate it out in time and build a bigger space but for now, I just have this little cab:

Inside of cab

I still need to fit a proper door, just a piece of cardboard for now, will prob use a piece of white/black sheeting with velcro strips:

Fan/Filter on outside

First stage built

I've had to put the fan and filter on the outside and blow through it. The box is only 80x90x40. I've hooked up a 4" ducting to a box with an oil rad in which seems to be keeping temps up about 20/22 most days. It does go up to 30 on hot days though so need to turn the fan onto max and get a controller to slow it as required.

I've moved some plants in:

Nice n cosy...

With the rest of the gang....

First in..

Rest of the fam

Looking a bit worse for wear

As you can see, I have to keep them small but this is fine for mums. They are just in 1.8l pots. They've been left in a spare room at a mates under a std light bulb for the last 5 days so look a bit worse for wear. Hopefully I can nurse them back here and use this space as my mum vault.

Can put more pics up if required, will update as I develop it further...

RR

Edited by Road_Runner
  • Like 2

@@Master Kush

I was a little worried about it being in an uninsulated concrete shed but seems to be ok so far.

The enviro will prob never be perfect in here and will require constant adjustments but I thought fuck it, may as well try.

Its the smallest space I've ever worked with but once its finished off I reckon it'll do the job just fine.

Id like to see if I can flower in there at some point because Id like to do some seed runs... Will have to see how it goes.

RR

Might not be perfect mate but at least you have somewhere to keep your mothers and their out of the way ;) As you said you can tweak bits as and when you need to

Hope it brings you good things mate :yep:

MK

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I'm running the light (only a wee 250) from 8pm to 2pm so they are off in the warmest part of the day.

I have a cheap 450w oil raid from Argos in a cardboard box. I've set the thermo to half way and seems to click on the air in the shed drops to around 17/18 degrees.

Its keeping it nice in the box 28/30 max and 20/22 min, usually around 24-26.

The 4" Wolfnado fan I'm using has 2 speeds. I've just been running on min so far as max is a bit noisy. I'm gonna get a fan speed contoller so I can put the fan on max speed and let the controller manage the temps better to avoid too much low and high extremes.

Anyway, so far so good so fingers crossed we can make it work long term...

RR

I've encountered my first problem... Condensation.

I've opened the window and its dried up, might need to keep it open all the time?

RR

Ordered a thermostat plug with a cable probe today so can use this to maintain min temps above 24 at all times.

It was getting a bit cool at night even with the light running so rather than have to try and adjust it each day, I will now be able to leave it on full power but only come on as required.

I just need a cheap SMS Controller now...

RR

• 1 month later...

i don't have to tell you it looks great cause every 1 else has,but u r right about the temps never being right i know someone that grows it a out house just like urs and it all done proper winter has got to be the killer an when it comes to lights out the temps will drop a stupid amount just get a good heater on the go init

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tempa

Hi mate liking the out house .. Reminds me of a grow I did in there with c3 now I'm in a brick shed that isn't connected to the house tempa haven't been a problem for me .. Must be my great big oilrad keeping them warm as well as killing the electric off lol

Tempa

looking good mate

I'm about to start one using a set of pine draws and extracting through my growdrobe and adding a fan to make it an active intake.

Wizard :oldtoker:

I now have an SMS controller for the extraction and a thermostat plug for the heater so my temps are now very stable - min 24 max 27 every day.

I'm loving it actually, really fun improving things as you go, tweaking it until it works.

I've moved all the Nonames and Lemonz out to their main grow room and am vegging up the next mums.

I also use it to keep cuts and get seedlings going as they just love it in there.

Thinking bout getting it fully lightproof next so I can flower in there as well, just need to build another veg cab first!

RR

• Like 2