T5's N mothers

Hey guys, got myself a little veg/mother box put together (1x1x1) and was thinking of getting the 60cm 4 tube t5 from greens as that's the nearest I could find that would fit that space.

Would the t5 do the job of keeping a mum or 2 and rooting cuttings? Also what kind of ventilation would I be looking at? Oh and do u think I would need a carbon filter in there aswell? Cheers in advance guys and sorry if this has been covered loads of times :)

Edited by yayaya

Hi Yayaya,

I use a T5 for cuts to root under but I find it too slow for vegging mums.

If you just want to keep some bonsai's under it then will keep them going fine, but they lack penetration so only good for small plants.

They don't produce any real heat so a 4" extraction will be enough for your area. You can add a filter if you wish but they aren't too smelly in veg so may not be necessary. Some of my mums stink even in veg so I use one anyway.

Have you thought about hooking the veg cab up to your flower room so you don't need a separate extraction system?

RR

Edited by Road_Runner
  • Like 2

Hello mate i've got a clone station and that light. I have no extraction or heating in there. I have three mums and have just rooted about twenty cuttings. As it's less-than-perfect the cuts take a bit longer to root. I have the odd bit of lsf too. I'd agree penetration is not great but it does the job. The smell from mums is worth noting too, my rationale is that as im in the loft the smell gets scrubbed passively as my flower room's up there, if you see what i mean.

A very handy little light :yinyang:

@@yayaya - I use the same light in a converted double wardrobe (small). I keep mums (2-3), veg and take cuttings/sow seeds in there. Extraction is via my flowering tent. Definitely need a filter.

And @@Road_Runner is spot on about light penetration - keep your plants small and all at the same distance from the light.

NC

Hi Yayaya,

If you just want to keep some bonsai's under it then will keep them going fine, but they lack penetration so only good for small plants.

They don't produce any real heat so a 4" extraction will be enough for your area. You can add a filter if you wish but they aren't too smelly in veg so may not be necessary. Some of my mums stink even in veg so I use one anyway.

Have you thought about hooking the veg cab up to your flower room so you don't need a separate extraction system?

RR

no iv not thought of extrcating into my flowering room, how do i go about doing that as my flower room is next to the veg box so that would be really ideal.

cheers for the quick reply guys guna get it ordered today :)

so basically a 3.5 pot a bit of lst and some pruning and i will be fine to have mums and clones in there? :)

FOOOKING LOVES THIS SITE I DOOOO

Hi Yayaya,

RR

no iv not thought of extrcating into my flowering room, how do i go about doing that as my flower room is next to the veg box so that would be really ideal.

cheers for the quick reply guys guna get it ordered today :)

so basically a 3.5 pot a bit of lst and some pruning and i will be fine to have mums and clones in there? :)

FOOOKING LOVES THIS SITE I DOOOO

Just duct from one room into the next with a small fan, and make sure that your fans volumetric flow rate is half the size or less than your flower rooms extraction fan, otherwise youll solely be filtering the mums air and not be getting any fresh air into your flower box!

I'd also duct it in high so the flowering plants dont have to use recycled air

Edited by Trojanhawrs

You don't need any extra kit other than ducting.

Do you have an intake on your Flower room?

If so, just use that as the extraction on the veg cab.

Your flower room intake will just pull air from the veg room.

Yes, 3.5l pots and some training will keep them nice n small.

You can put the T5 literally right on top of the plants, a few inches gap is enough so keeps stretch right down.

RR

Edited by Road_Runner
  • Like 3