does size matter

Smile247

hi folks .

I have three small plants from seed about 12 inches tall.My intention was to get twelve cuttings from them and keep the best as a mother plant. So, due to time constraints and events out of my control , time is of the essence. Available cuttings at present are two to three inches .what is the general opinion on taking cuts this small.Thanks in advance for any input.

sorry guys just realised ive posted in wrong section

Edited by Smile247

Hard to tell without pictures. I've taken some very, very small cutting In the past and they root just fine

Take a look at the thread that is linked in my signature Tons Cutting guide, gives a good example of a what sort of size cutting you want

• Like 1

Thanks guys ,

I think I may just take a chance as time is tight before I have to pack up my grow space . I can have a ten day root , two week veg and eight week flower then finished or not I have to move.

• 2 months later...

Shorter cuttings root better, you want as little vegetation on the cutting as possible until roots show

• Like 1