Air Intake Temperature

THE FORMULEX KID

hi chaps , yust moved to a new location have to set up new room in the loft , where would you put your air in take vent , i have many opportunities as to where i can suck in to the grow room ,

(1) down stairs aprox 18-22c

(2) loft (outside grow room) aprox 12-15c

(3) out side fucking cold

the reason for asking is because during the lights on period time the grow room was getting really hot 32c at this point i was running around every were with that fucking probe to no avail ! air was being taken from (1) down stairs.

now i have changed to sucking air from the outside, was this the right thing to-do in these winter condition's

wouldnt say so, Drawing from outside will be far to cold during night and depending whatplants your growing and where the intake is blowing you could bring on hermie issues.

why dont you get a butterfly valve on a y piece. you can purchase them from any air conditioning suppliers. Basically what this is is a fitting with a valve on so you can have 2 inlets feeding it , ie room downstairs and outside, either use the valve to regulate the air coming from both supplys till it gets to an acceptable temp or shut of the outside one at lights off and suck from downstairs room, and vice versa when lights are on.

Alternatively you could suck from outside and get yourself an inline duct heater, about 150 quid, this will heat the air before it enters room.

Hope this helps :guitar:

thanks for your earlly reply yes that was my next job to make sure the cold air was not being blasted at the plants,

in my grow room i have thermostaticlly controlled fans to stop it getting to hot and thermostaticlly controlled propane heater to stop it getting to cold so if the air is mixed evenly by using an osc fan, would this not be ok ?? thanks in advance for your time and merry xmas.

ok mate will do , fingers crossed , thanks for your help

just been up there and put a slab of polystyiene in front of the intake vent .

and its 23c at the moment 9.30 pm

I have loft G/R and intake from the eaves of the roof, directly from outside, my intake duct runs to back of oscillating fan which in turn blows it through oil filled rad into room, it works fine, tempds are spot on, i also have a pair of the wifes tights on end of inlet duct to keep the unwanteds out

I have loft G/R and intake from the eaves of the roof, directly from outside, my intake duct runs to back of oscillating fan which in turn blows it through oil filled rad into room, it works fine, tempds are spot on, i also have a pair of the wifes tights on end of inlet duct to keep the unwanteds out

282110[/snapback]

Hi Sid thanks for taken interest in my problem as you have read in'e started taking air from outside, i was a bit surprised myself at the action's i had taken but i just wanted to get those temps down! i put the roof vent in my-self wasn't to much problem as i live in a bungerlow just took a tile out of the roof near grow room and stuck in the vent brilliant vent it even came with a connector to connect straight to my in fan, and as youv'e said a pair of mi mum's old tights over the fan hole. but to be honest i only don all the roof bit because i no that when it gets to summer time its gonna get xxxxxxx hot up there i had no intention's of connecting up to it just yet!!. Any way sorry for prattling on, i took a reading 11am to-day

min temp 23c max temp 28c . could not belive my eyes 28c max so even by connecting to the outside i still cant seem to get below 28c the plants are looking great at there first week into the system but im'e still pissed of that i cant get that max down!! be really interested if any body else has had the same problem cheers chaps for your interest.

I'm using a TD160 pulling from outside. I use a TD250 for extraction in to my loft where there is an opem window ;) I have to put a heater on when lights are out ;) I would say yer better off pulling from outside, nice fresh air :)

I'm using a TD160  pulling from outside. I use a TD250 for extraction in to my loft where there is an opem window ;)  I have to put a heater on when lights are out :headpain:  I would say yer better off pulling from outside, nice fresh air :smoke:

282347[/snapback]

It's good to see someone doing the same thing's, that's what i thourt can't be nothing wrong with a nice bit of fresh air watever the outside Temps are !! ihave been back up there to-day and yeas i am still pissed off ?? took my min max reading's Min 19c Max 32c why 4 fuck sake why!!. Scotlander 2001. let me start from the begining and tell you what ive got.

Grow room size 2M X 2M X 2M high

construction. all made from 18mm plaster board with viynal stuck to it. It was in the loft when we moved in well, chuffed with the find. on the out side of the plaster board i stuck 75m "Jablight" building insulation comes in 8foot X 4foot sheets its just 75m thick polystyrine tiles really but does a blinding job on your room.

2 No RVK in-line fans 4" one inn and one out

all controled with Klima Controler KLC-2M with probe on a 900 long lead and as you no iv'e been every ware with it !

Heat : 1 proheater runs on LPG cuts in when temps fall 19-29c and also 1 electric

green house heater with stat that kicks in about the same as the LPG but i got it in case the LPG heater ran out of gas!

1 OSC fan on 24-7

1 600w hdi bulb with canopy

as i am typing to you now the Temp is 31c at 2-45 pm thursday 30.12.04

i got one of those wireless in out thermometer's just put the sensor in the grow room and the main readout unit is by the side of my Computor ore werever i whant to put it its got a thirty meter range made by Oregon Scientific, got it of ebay £18.00 i no its working properly as its next to another Temp gage iv'e got in the room. And it does min max settings.

Any way Scotlander 2001 give it a reed i would be thankfull for any coments