Cannabis Class B Upgrade from C Was it Legal/right ? !

Rob-Mac

I have read Lots about people moaning about the Law And a few people been telling me that the upgrade in 2008/9 from class C to Class b Was not done with in the house of lords code of conduct in refrance to the Misleading documents.

And when these documents where found to be Misleading I was told that the house of lords was recalled and the Bill to upgrade Cannabis to Class B was put in that hand of a ex-Prison warden.

So i tryed to complain to my local Mp who said it not his responsibility and said this is a complaint i should make to the House of Lords Commissioner for Standards And thay came back and said it not there responsibility on how bills are passed and said i need to complain the home Office and they came back and said i need to complain to the speaker of the house so had a chat with a very nice lady

who told me that when making complaint you have to make sure that you have the right details on the Name of the bill , who put that bill forward , and said it best that i get this Ifo first , and indirectly told me that writing to you local mp Or the PM officer over bills/law to complain do not have to act. Then use the House of Commons Information Office to get the right info first.

So My next tasks are

To find the name of the Bill in 2008/09

to find that names of the people putting this bill forward

Find out if it is true that a ex-Prison warden was used in passing this Bill in to law

rewritting a Complaint to the Right People not just a MP.

Any help would be nice

Has anyone here tryed writting a Complaint about the law before and how far did you get.

Or please tell me what you think.

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 2

I'm certainly no expert, but I don't think it required anything other than an in house decision, so 1- 3 are out lol I think the MDA allows for the movement of drugs up and down the scale relatively easily.

I'm certainly no expert, but I don't think it required anything other than an in house decision, so 1- 3 are out lol I think the MDA allows for the movement of drugs up and down the scale relatively easily.

Even In house Decisions have have to be in a act/bill/Law format and it was a Bill that was passed that took it from class c to b as that how laws are made a Mp etc just can not stand up at any time and say Hay lets upgrade it to class b , the is a format that has to bee followed , My point is that thay By passed this with with Using a Prison warden who has been trained and used to being Anti-drugs Cos of his job , what should of happened is the right info should of been giving to the member of th ehouse of lords etc do they could make a informed reVote from the vote based the misinfomation Doc's.

Even In house Decisions have have to be in a act/bill/Law format and it was a Bill that was passed that took it from class c to b as that how laws are made a Mp etc just can not stand up at any time and say Hay lets upgrade it to class b , the is a format that has to bee followed , My point is that thay By passed this with with Using a Prison warden who has been trained and used to being Anti-drugs Cos of his job , what should of happened is the right info should of been giving to the member of th ehouse of lords etc do they could make a informed reVote from the vote based the misinfomation Doc's.

The problem is that decisions made in parliament are sovereign - they cannot be challenged in courts. There is a precedent for this from the 1940s which was listed in a law book I once read. It was something like a rail company deliberately mislead parliament in order to obtain compulsory purchase of some land. The landowner took the matter to court and demonstrated successfully that parliament had indeed been mislead - even the judge agreed. However, the judge said there was nothing a court could do. The law had been passed by parliament *and received the royal assent* and thus the courts were bound to follow it.

There is a legal debate to be had about what constitutes a "proper" law. However, successive court judgements have accepted that once a bill receives the royal assent - no matter *how* it got there - it's the law of the land.

EddieSilences argument is slightly different, in that he is claiming the government *isn't* following the law. And that courts should make them.

• Like 1

@@Rob-Mac Don't take this the wrong way mucker but with the amount of spelling and grammatical errors you are making, any correspondence you send will end up in the bin.

If you want to, post what you are going to send and someone will proof-read it for you :yep:

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 2

There is a legal debate to be had about what constitutes a "proper" law. However, successive court judgements have accepted that once a bill receives the royal assent - no matter *how* it got there - it's the law of the land.

EddieSilences argument is slightly different, in that he is claiming the government *isn't* following the law. And that courts should make them.

I would agree with that.with them points it clear that Law is not been followed in making this law.

@@Rob-Mac Don't take this the wrong way mucker but with the amount of spelling and grammatical errors you are making, any correspondence you send will end up in the bin.

If you want to, post what you are going to send and someone will proof-read it for you :yep:

Cheers :smokin:

No probes I do have someone who does retype my letters , and sorry for bad spelling i am highly dyslexic :oldtoker:

I would agree with that.with them points it clear that Law is not been followed in making this law.

But as I said, has it receive royal assent ? Once it has, it's immaterial how it was made. No court in the land can help. Only parliament. And as we've seen, where parliament makes a mistake, it will quickly pass laws to either undo that mistake, or just legalise the mistake. With the help of the opposition. Remember how Labour voted with the Tories to retrospectively make Workfare legal, so people couldn't sue for lost benefits ?

Incidentally, not quite sure what your MP thinks his responsibilities are, if they don't include an interest in laws passed in parliament. Perhaps you could let your local paper know he's a bit confused about his job. Perhaps he needs training ?