Can i germinate seeds in solo cups full of coco (canna professional)

Hashplanter

Just wondering if i can crack my seeds using the paper towel method and then put them straight in to solo cups of coco feeding cal mag and canna start?

Hashplanter

@@Osama

Thanks m8 always learning so my background ec is .2 .3 depends what day it is! My tap water ph is 7.2 I'm using canna coco medium with house and garden nutreints you think it's worth me grabing a bottle of cal-mag then?

ATB hec

@@Osama cheers so leave the cal mag till mid flower and just use the canna start?

i want to use perlite as well in my main 11l pots as well shall i mix perlite in to the solo cup mix or just use pure coco?

Hashplanter

Ditch the perlite, it's pointless. As far as using calmag let the plants tell you when they need it, they're all different with the onset of defficiencys.

Edited by Osama

All the time I grew in coco I never needed Epsom salt at all, only use if symptoms show and yellowing is really a good description of mg def.

E2a To the op why not just put your seeds in the pot and water, they will grow you know. Paper towels were not around when seeds started to grow.

Edited by me n me girls
  • Like 1