seed already popped

Guys

How long should I give a seed that has already popped to come up through the soil.

I had it in a glass of water for a day and then I seen a small tip of a root appear (Saturday). I then popped it into a root riot cube and into the aero-pot.I checked it on sunday morning and thought the aero-pot was soaking the root cube to much so I decided to remove the seed which was looking exactly the same as when I placed it in the cube and put it into a final 7.5ltr pot where it has been sitting in my heated dr60 at around 21c .Its been misted and covered with cling film ...how long should I give this to emerge from the soil as I am getting a little anxious now..first time using the aero-pot method but I think I may give it a miss from now on .

I had a Dutch Passion White Widow take over 8 days but most are up in 3 or 4. Fiddling fingers are the biggest seed killer ever you have the system right just let the beans do their thang

• Like 2

I had a Dutch Passion White Widow take over 8 days but most are up in 3 or 4. Fiddling fingers are the biggest seed killer ever you have the system right just let the beans do their thang

I used a pair of tweesers to move the seed and the little tip emerging was miniscule as I had to look with a magnifying glass to see it .I wanted to get it outa the water as soon as it popped.i will leave it be and keep it moist ..hopefully it will emerge

done these seeds before plants are very uniform and have alot of girth most definately a producer , the smoke is umistakeable very distinctive taste, good luck with the grow, enjoy!

Guest Sky420

Tbh them cubes r too tough and hold too much moisture for a seedling. U shud keep it simple. Germ in paper towel. Wen u c a 1cm root plant it and they usually up in 24 hours

Tbh them cubes r too tough and hold too much moisture for a seedling. U shud keep it simple. Germ in paper towel. Wen u c a 1cm root plant it and they usually up in 24 hours

I have never had a issue with cubes dude the paper towel method isn't for sausage fingers like me :)

From now on I think I will pop the seed straight into an expanded peat pellet and leave it on the windowsill in a propagator

The aero-pot propagator with the mister leaves the seed soaked I think.

Edited by NuVista

How come you're using a prop for your seeds dude? You don't really need it for seedlings.

LT

I thought it might give them a good start

Using a prop isn't really ideal for seedlings imo, unless you have seriously low humidity at least. They need a good constant supply of fresh air to provide them with CO2... On the other hand they can help with germination I suppose. I'd take them out of there as soon as they're above ground either way.

LT

just put them in potting compost and put in your veg area and leave them alone I know its hard but natures been doing this a long time

atb

crackpot

just put them in potting compost and put in your veg area and leave them alone I know its hard but natures been doing this a long time

atb

crackpot

This^^^^ I never do anything other than put em in soil and let them do their thing. Only failure I've ever had was a sensi star that did germ, but the seedling was all stretchy and bad. So I just got rid of it