Cfl bulbs

2much_208

Hey guys, im currently on week 9 today of y auto strain WW.. I have her under 4 cfl totalling 105 watts.. I dnt have the money for hps system at the moment and this being my 1 st grow, disnt want to go all out on material.. So my question is if i switch to high watts of cfl cuz i found some that will produce 150w each, so if i do 4x 150w = 600w.. Will that be the same as 450-600w of hps lights? Im sure i stuned the growth and was told i prolly shud jus take itto 12 weeks and chop it uz im wastig time, my flower are fluffy/airry... As wondering if i switched the lights this late will it help or hurt her.? Thanks for any insight!! Thanks!!

Sounds like you're referring to 150w incandescent bulbs, in which case it doesn't work like that. Incandescent bulbs use more electric for less lumens...

gallery_86268_8536_25988.png

In any case, 600w of CFL's wouldn't be the same as 600w of HPS. HPS has a lot better depth penetration, the lumens off a cfl diminish quite quickly over a shorter space.

Also adding more lumens at this stage will be beneficial to your plants but they really could of done with it a lot earlier on, good luck with them.

LT

Sounds like you're referring to 150w incandescent bulbs, in which case it doesn't work like that. Incandescent bulbs use more electric for less lumens...

gallery_86268_8536_25988.png

In any case, 600w of CFL's wouldn't be the same as 600w of HPS. HPS has a lot better depth penetration, the lumens off a cfl diminish quite quickly over a shorter space.

Also adding more lumens at this stage will be beneficial to your plants but they really could of done with it a lot earlier on, good luck with them.

LT

Thsnkd!!!! Im jus gnns get hps lights on the next one