some seedlings too high for propagator, but some too small

Hiya

im using a t5 light in a clone station growing about 10 rhino (medicine man) seedlings

2/3 of them are looking really big/healthy but theyre at the top of the propagator & leaves are pressed against the top/sides..

but the other 6/7 of the seedlings are substantially smaller than them....

in my cupboard i also have 2 seedlings under a 125w cfl that i just put under another propagator... Shall I move the big seedlings out of the propagator & have them under the t5 2 tube light? and move the smaller seedlings into the other room under the 125w cfl & propagator?

im going to get a 750x750 veg tent for the best seedlings & veg the smaller ones in the clone tent & the worst looking ones in the cupboard...

Please help with any advice/ideas... I could get another t5 2 tube light & have the smaller seedlings on the top shelf of clone station, but i didnt really want to buy another light...

thanks for any help in advance!

Hiya

im using a t5 light in a clone station growing

As the name says, it's for clones. Seeds don't need to be in a propagator as already said.

LT

• Like 1

Propogators for canna seedlings is totally unnecessary and doesn't improve or help anything, if anything using props can make things easier to fuck up. All they need is a bit of light and a bit of water now and then.

• Like 1

I know you dont NEED seedlings under a propagator, but in my little experience they thrive/grow much faster when under the propagator as the humiditys just right for them..

when i took off the propagator, after the first night my biggest seedling had started to droop and the leaves were wilting/dying/going crisp.... theyve perked up a bit now ive watered but should i cut off all the dead leaves/branches? they dont look like theyll recover... hoping its not a calcium deficiency... someone else said its possible ph problem...

your killing them with kindness the're floppy cause they have been cosy in prop with lid on they will toughen up don't take any leaves off yet just let them acclimatise and they will be fine

you have not got any fert issues slow down and kiss

atb

crackpot

Guest Default Attribute

Ditch the propagator mate, once they are above ground they should be out of the propagator. Only reason to use one is to stop the pots drying out before the seeds germ.

Edited by StevieRays