DIY growbox;100 led,cfl,t8

victormeldew

hi,

this year i decided to bite the bullet and invest in some new kit for my diy growbox ;) . The box is 3ftX1 1/2 X4ft and fits into a built in double wardrobe . My new kit is a elite pro grow 100 led light .my reason for trying led is heat issues ie no where good to vent out .When i got the led i was very dissapointed with noise from the fans so i replaced them with sillent pc fans :sly: It has to be stealthy.I bought a fan controller for my 4 inch extractor . I had some old lights 35w ,30w cfl's ,30w t8 and my favorite 70w hps .

My orginal plan was 100w led and 70w hps SCROG but due to heat issues i couldn't use hps .Plan B led and fluros SCROG.

P1010059

My soil was bio bizz all mix with extra perlite added .i usually mix my own soil which doesnt hold water as well.

P1010060

My strains were emerald triangle lost cost OG and royal queen cheese. The led took some getting used to ,the cheese which is a afghanXcheese didn't stretch but OG seemed ok .Led was too close i started getting a massive condensation problem my whole window steamed up in veg :russian: I think the bio bizz helped cause this problem .My screen was no where near ready but i had no option but to flip my lights to 12/12 .Which would dramaticaly affect my yield :schmoll: I started to get mag def the plants started to look like crap (epson salt from asda :Spam_Icon: ). Even Mrs Meldew noticed i was having problems :eek: .The cheese looked really small but the OG looked good .Both plants health looked shit but the buds looked good tight dense the OG had purple color

P1010058

I yielded just over 2oz of dried OG and 1 1/2oz of cheese. The cheese surprised me because it was so small and compact i did think it would even have made an oz. They are both a great smoke the OG is strong and a little harsh :oldtoker: .Not the yield expected but given problems i had i'm fairly happy. Lots of room for improvement i.e fan outside of box to give more head hieght for led and my own mix soil and different pots :smartass:

Any ideas or advice would be welcome as this was a first time led adventure :ermm: