Wappa 3 males out of 7 seeds

vashistwalla

Hi All

A mate of mine is well gutted to find out he's has 3 males in his garden from a pack of feminised Wappa seeds purchased direct from the breeders in Holland. I always sung the praise of Paradise seeds but this has got me thinking now . I know seeds are from nature and this sometimes happens but 3 out of 7 is very high...my mate knows what he is doing and these plants have not been stressed at all

Anyone else had this problem with Wappa...I think its best my mate chuck away the 3 beans he has left over

Edited by vashistwalla
  • Like 1

they are probably not males. they probably jus sprouting nanners or pollen sacks which can happen with either poor breeding or environmental or other stresses. chances are your mate is doing something wrong that is stressing the seeds. paradise seeds tend to be pretty decent although i havnt grown them out in some yrs now.

it can happen ive had the odd pollen sack or nanner on perfectly good seeds due to no fault of my own. i jus remove them an carry on as normal. its often early flower aswell so i can see why you could think they were males.

ive grown femmed beans for nearly ten yrs almost every grow consistently an trust me you can not get males with femminised beans. its a common misconception people have. they see a pollen sack or nanner an immediately think hermie or male an think the seeds are shit. when really all they need to do is remove the pollen sacks an find out wot caused it. if hes sure his environment is up to scratch an theres no light leaks etc then its worth emailing the breeders direct an telling them wot happened supply some pics as proof an they may send you a replacement packet. most breeders are actually quit good with their customer service like that an care about the product they sell.

the thing with femmed beans is they do not contain any male DNA so its physically impossible to get a true male from a pack of proper feminised seeds the only way this could happen would be if the seeds got mixed up an there are regulars in the pack too ive never seen that happen yet. however due to the breeding techniques involved some plants can be more prone to developing pollen sacks its jus wot happens with some femmed beans especially if your environment is not spot on. every cannabis plant can do this, its a survival trait/mechanism nearly every plant has in its genetics that it can use as last ditch attempt to pollinate itself an produce seeds thereby full-filling its life cycle an ensuring the plant continues to survive/grow.

my advice would be if they are not too bad to remove the pollen sacks an keep a close eye on them if they return remove them again or maybe bin them. ive only had them return on my own hacked seeds that had zero breeding involved never on proper bred femmed seeds. they always grow as normal after removal. failing that if there is jus too many pollen sacks then you should really check the environment an maybe email paradise seeds an explain wots happened. i know if i was a breeder id want to know if some of my stock was maybe not up to par so would actually welcome someone telling me this.

Edited by Grimweeder
  • Like 2

I just achieved 4 females from 5 seeds so no complaints here. The 5th was a non starter.

Edited by primalbabycub
  • Like 1

Grim thank you very much for your detailed and informative reply, I have had a close look at these plants and it is not the odd sack here and there...on close inspection every new growth site where you would expect female pistles is chucking out pollen sacks. I have seen hermies before on femmed seed plants but this looks totally different. There is not one female stamen on these plants... they are full of pollen sack so 2 out of 3 he has already chopped down as he could not imagine this plant producing any buds what so ever. Such a shame because they looked very lush stocky plants with huge leaves and real thick stems...some of the nicest plants I have ever seen in veg.

Am email has been sent to Paradise seeds so awaiting the reply...it seems as though the beans could have been mixed up at source maybe as stated above there is not one female stamen /pre flower anywhere to be found

thats odd. paradise dont even have any regular seeds in stock at the moment, are the seeds new or quit old? its always possible they got mixed up but jus seems odd if paradise are not doing regulars at all yet. they used to tho so thats why i ask how old the seeds are.

• Like 1

@@Grimweeder

I would be new stock i guess as I bought direct from them

Jimboo

I hear you but don't do pics...but they was covered in pollen sacks..all new growth was pollen sacks..not hermie.no flowers just all male

• 4 months later...

yes, sorry to ear about this. This is the first time i have heard this concerning Wappa...

have you contacted cutomer service as per our signature to discuss this matter?

cheers.

jf