Changes to our Cream of the Crop competition

Joolz

As most of you already know, since we started our Cream of the Crop competition 13 years ago the mods go hunting through galleries and grow diaries for what they consider to be the best photos every month.

As the years have gone by, membership has increased and so has the amount of photos uploaded each month which makes choosing nine photos for each months comp more and more difficult and ever more time consuming

Also quite often we come a cross a stunning photo that the owner hasn't bothered to add a title or description when uploading and as we need to know what the plant is those photos sadly don't get chosen

So we are giving the comp an overhaul and from now on all members can nominate one of their own photos that they would like to have included in the next months comp this gives everyone a chance to have the photo they think is best included, mods will still decide on a short-list of 9 for the final voting comp

We have set up a new sub forum in the Cream of the Crop section where you will be able to post the photo you would like included in the following months competion

The rules are as follows:

1. One entry per member ( so make it the very best photo you can possibly squeeze out of your camera)

2. The photo must be your own, it must be from a recent grow diary and it must have been uploaded to the gallery during the month you enter it for

3. All photos must include strain name, both in the thread you nominate it in AND in the gallery where you uploaded it, unnamed photos will be rejected

4. All entries must be submitted by midnite on the last day of each month, any entries after this cut off will not be considered

Any questions please just ask

:skin_up:

Edited by Joolz
  • Like 29

this is actually better i think. now people can put their photography skills to the test aswell. feels more like a competition now aswell.

i did wonder how you guys managed to go through every photo uploaded to this site to find the best. that seemed like no easy task.

Edited by Grimweeder

do we just enter them the same as other pics as they dont usually come with a diary. takes me loads of grows to do a run.

Funny i was gone suggest a 'nominate' button.

A bit like the rep/like button but photo specific so if a member was viewing a diary and saw a picture they thought worthy of cotc they could hit nominate and if a particular picture got say 5/10 nominations it could automatically be short-listed for appraisal by a mod...

I'd feel more comfortable nominating somebody elves pics. Nominating yr own could feel a bit i dunno selfish? Grandiose? Not sure of the word but wouldn't seem right nominating your own pics anyways...

Just a suggestion, like i said i was gonna mention it in feedback/support but this thread seems more appropriate...

Atb dodge

• Like 7

do we just enter them the same as other pics as they dont usually come with a diary. takes me loads of grows to do a run.

Yeah so long as the photo was uploade to the gallery that month then you can nominate them :)

Funny i was gone suggest a 'nominate' button.

A bit like the rep/like button but photo specific so if a member was viewing a diary and saw a picture they thought worthy of cotc they could hit nominate and if a particular picture got say 5/10 nominations it could automatically be short-listed for appraisal by a mod...

I'd feel more comfortable nominating somebody elves pics. Nominating yr own could feel a bit i dunno selfish? Grandiose? Not sure of the word but wouldn't seem right nominating your own pics anyways...

Just a suggestion, like i said i was gonna mention it in feedback/support but this thread seems more appropriate...

Atb dodge

If we let members nominate other peoples photos then we'll probably end up with duplicates and some members might have more than one photo nominated which then creates extra work, and some may not appreciate having their photo nominated at all so for those reasons we decided it was best to let members nominate one of their own photos :)

• Like 2

What a splendid idea!!!

Goes to find tripod and the mrs's bag of lenses............

Lil d.

Edited by lildaveham

Yeah good move Joolz..I don't post much these days but will make the effort to take some pics from my garden..Oh i must renew my subscription too.. :)

• 3 months later...

i thought this is what happened anyway lol good to know as i am planning on winning next month with a beautiful jack herer plant

im starting a cotc syndicate. sort of pyramid selling of cotc's

just need about another 80 people and we can start vote rigging :yep:

pm me if your interested?

:wassnnme:

• Like 7