THseeds, darkstar, mk ultra

grotbags

Hi lads n lasses, I was gifted a 10 pack of darkstar and a couple of mk, they are fems, Anyone out there has tried these crosses? I'd love to hear a little feedback on them.

I'm aware that the mk has some nice pheno's but haven't heard much about the DS( purple kush*) I'd love to hatch these out at some point as Iv tried both the mk and purple kush from the land of the maple and both are up there.

much obliged.

I've done mk before it was very good I think I got an og lemon pheno, darkstar seems a good one from what I've read, I got some as freebies a while back.

Hurry up and get em in the dirt grotbags!

I grew this out a couple oh years back and I thought it was banging!

I grew reg seeds but the fems should be just as good. It's a medium feeder and grows quite short, the taste and smell of mine was more on the mazar side and its definitely a night time smoke, gets you proper buckled!

If I remember rightly I flowered her for about 10ish weeks! And got about 3oz off one plant under 400w ups.

If you check my gallery I think there's a couple of pics!

IMO You won't be dissapointed I will be revisiting this strain in the near future for sure!

Hope this helps mate?

ATB,

Twiki

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

done some attitude freebies of darkstar last year and proper solid nugs as aki said, decent yield and pretty frosty but not a great smell or taste but got you monged (if that's the stone you like).

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Just finished some darkstar, nice growth n even resin production looks ok but it is a really mediocre smoke in effect and flavours imo too.

cheers,..................................................................gps

I've done 1 single darkstar seed and I got the hardest buds I've ever come across.

Smoke was boring rubbish though.

done some attitude freebies of darkstar last year and proper solid nugs as aki said, decent yield and pretty frosty but not a great smell or taste but got you monged (if that's the stone you like).

Just finished some darkstar, nice growth n even resin production looks ok but it is a really mediocre smoke in effect and flavours imo too.

cheers,..................................................................gps

Id agree i grew 2 pretty bland ,left it in the jar for about 3 years and it did get a bit off flavour to it if you can wait that long

Both good strains. Bit of variety in the MK and I found Darkstar a bit of a slow grower and took ages to clone but very strong. Both of mine where regulars though. One thing MK water hash is amazing as the terpines seem less water soluble and it has produced the tastiest bubble hash I ever made. Good luck with your strains. Da Baba

• 8 years later...

Thinking about starting both of these strains. Always wanted some MKU and can't believe it was twenty years since it won the cup! I hope I get some nice phenos. As for the Darkstar I have a few regs now, probably ten so I will do the lot at once and keep snips of the ladies. I think the males could be great for crossing too! I haven't got that far yet so I'll be happy with a nice girl to clone! Any advice on these strains would be appreciated. 

. Peace. 

Darkstar is attractive as fuck and yielded heavily for me. Bit cardboardily bland in the grand scheme but that could have been user error. 

• Like 1

On 07/12/2023 at 1:01 PM, mikeydoughnut said:

Darkstar is attractive as fuck and yielded heavily for me. Bit cardboardily bland in the grand scheme but that could have been user error. 

Thanks mikey your opinion is much appreciated and similar to others who've sdg done it so I don't reckon you messed up just prob got another bland pheno but some say there is good uns' to be found so like many strains it's a little lottery. Thanks again mikey. Peace.