Wardrobe Extraction

Guest rich

[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][Hi everyone - I'm constructing a drobe and would like to know whats best - extract with a filter from the top with a passive intake at the base or vice versa ? thanks all :wassnnme:

hot air rises so youd be best extracting the heat from the top

and either cold intake forcefully from below where cold air can be drawn in or u can draw air in passivly but if ur passive intake it has to be around 5 time larger a hole than your exstraction thats if its passive ;)

edited cuase it double posted ffs

could am mod man clean up for me ill give yas min wage ;)

Edited by paradox_devil666

Where did this "your passive intake needs to be 5x your extraction" come from?

Mine is passive and I have 2, 4" holes as passive with a 5in extracion.....

Works a bloody treat too ;) ..

RAZ

im goign by recommended advice stated from other people im not going by my setup i have forced intake form direct outdoors difrent ball game

if i can fidn the post ill link it sure it came from a person who taks sense and not a tripe talker ;) ill try and search it :D

i suppose the theory is down to common sense tho innit smaller intake hole passive less bereeze less oxygen reachign the plants ? no

ahh ya that was the thread i was lookign at

raz mathamtics tho innit m8

smaller holes more restriction on air intake ? meanign less free flowing air ? over yer plants surly u must see that ?

it would be difrrent if u have soemthign forceignairvi nto smaller holes but passivly ull intake less air from a smaller hole ? thoughts on the matter ;)

I agree with you on that point PD, but when does the hole become to small? Also a smaller hole would in theory just make the air pass through the hole at a faster rate, until it got to small of course.....

So far all that's been said in the past is that it needs to be 5x the extraction.

I decided I could'nt have that big a hole in the side of my shed, so went with 2, 4" holes and like i've said works a treat ;) ....

RAZ

ya same reason for me i decided forced intake couldt have a ferkign 25" hole in ma gro tent lol

its intresting me as im tryign to figuire out how to speed up air via the speed boat theory jet engine taped funnels ill figuire it out aventually, i want to have a cheap fan but make it higher speed airmovements with funnel prolly shite and wont happen but ill try

sorry for highjackign this thread intrestign debate :)

i have 4" intake direct from outdoors

and 2 extractions 4" works a treat altho i need larger ones lol

lol edited again its not the speed of air movign thats the issue its the volume of air ud take 2 x as long to vent a room with a smaller hole to one with a hole 2 -3 x the size i think it works liek that ferk knows ?