Cloning in hydro to plant outdoors?

GimmePonics

Im planning on going outdoors this season and all my gear is hydro.

If I start cloning in hydro using rock wool cubes would it be ok to transplant them straight into soil outdoors? or would this shock/kill the plant?

Or would it be better to clone them into soil straight away?

I would just clone them straight into jiffy pellets and then into soil mate

Dont think medium is going to shock the plant specially when it just got cut off the mother plant lol

@@GimmePonics Yes mate it will be fine to do. I have done this numerous times with no problems at all.

E2A: Id let em settle into the pots and get over the transplant before putting them outside, thats just my 2p.

Edited by Freax
  • Like 1

I would just clone them straight into jiffy pellets and then into soil mate

Dont think medium is going to shock the plant specially when it just got cut off the mother plant lol

I meant when transplanting to outdoors, not when cloning :P

@@GimmePonics Yes mate it will be fine to do. I have done this numerous times with no problems at all.

E2A: Id let em settle into the pots and get over the transplant before putting them outside, thats just my 2p.

Thanks mate! Should I wait for the same amount of roots to show before transplanting into pots? As I normally do on hydro?

• Like 1
Guest EvilMouse

Some people do bare root transplanting. You can fit a shit load in a carry bag compared to small pots.

Before Xmas I had a 2 week old seedling in a pot of compost. It was fairly small as it was under household cfls.

It was about to be ditched but instead I ripped it out of its pot, shook the remain compost off then shoved it in the corner of another pot of coco. It had hardly and roots left on it at all.

It took about a week before it came round and started growing again. Straight from water in compost to chemical feed in coco.

Hard bastards lol

I'd say try root them at a lower temp as possible so you don't shock them to much when they go in the ground. And just plant them in a handful of compost.

Edited by EvilMouse
  • Like 2

Thanks mate!

One of the things I have learn from my first grow is that these plants are as hard as stone. lol

If everything runs as planned after I finish with my current grow, my next plants will be vegging for a while mainly for cuttings and hopefully planted outdoors

Won't know if dont try it :yep:

• Like 1

One of the things I have learn from my first grow is that these plants are as hard as stone. lol

Yes mate ive learned this myself in the last few grows. As a newbie i think that worrying about stressing the plant too much is one of our biggest worries. In case of hermies etc.

But after doing loads of reading on various ways of training and so on, it really opens your eyes to what this amazing plant can withstand. If it wasnt for UK420 and all its wonderful and sometimes fucking hilarious inhabitants i would not have had the confidence to try some of the things i am trying now i.e. LST in various ways, keeping clones in rockwool cubes for almost 12 weeks now whilst topping them, root pruning them, supercropping, training a bonsai mum. I could go on for hours.

As Evilmouse said above, you can do bare root transplant if ya want to, and rooting at lower temps before being transplanted outside is a bloody good idea imo. That would never have crossed my mind to be honest.

Anyway ATB with your gardening endeavours

L8R

Freax

• Like 1