How far can keep cfl from seedlings?

tangfastic1

Hey,

So I've germinated 3 seeds that are now in 0.3 litre pots. I have a 125w cfl to use before firing up the 250w hps, I'm just curious how close can I keep the cfl?

Shall I just use the back of the hand method to check temperature? Or should I back off a bit as they are still only 2 days old? I have limited height so I'm trying to avoid excess stretching.

Cheers

Great news, will alter the height when I get home, I suppose at this stage I have to be careful of the seedlings growing into the light.

When I attempted growing years a go, it was suggest to keep a gentle fan blowing across the seedlings to thicken the stems up. Is this still recommended? For autofem seeds by the way

Just remember young vegetative plants like it humid a fan would inhibit humidity from building up.

They will still grow but slower if they are in a low humidity environment.

You could cut up some plastic cups and use them as humidity domes which would help with that.

You can't really give them to much light. It would just be heat that could hinder growth.

Good Luck !

I have had them within a few cm with no issues, when they are small i just check them everyday to make sure there are no issues like drying out or heat stress.

Budbuild