seedlings (strange problem)

bio-hazard-TF1

hey ppl, iv germinated my seeds, one is critical mass and the other is pineapple chunk.

iv germinated both, the pineapple chunk for some reason grew upside down lmfao as in the white thick, 2cm stalk was pointing up, i thought nothing of it............ this is my first grow btw, and the critical mass is about 3 inches tall very thin with 2 tiny little leaves on it, i decided to pick up the pineapple chunk and saw that it has sheded it shell and has 2 large pale leaves so i up-turned it and re-planted it, now the leaves have become darker and starting to separate like a plant should so i think i have saved it.

the critical mass on the other hand is growing tall but Christ knows why its so slim and tall.

i germinated them in fertilised compost (just realised now that i didn't have to fertilise it the compost)

and in an electric heated propagator with the vents open, i watered them like once a week but iv now left it to dry out a bit as there is still loads on condensation on the lid. and help? will post a pic up when my misses phone has charged. thanks bio.

Occasionally a seed will come out the wrong way so good save on that one.

I germinate in Suttons sow and grow jiffy 7" pellets. You can pick up a pack of 36 in Homebase for £5. Makes things easy on transplanting to to their new pot also.

If your propogator is in your grow tent then it should not need a heater if the gro-light is on. I do not see information on what light you are using.....

I believe previous posters have already said it is stretching due to chasing the light and I agree. The moment mine come out the soil I am hammering them with a fan and lots of light.

Just make sure they don't dry out and don't drown them in water either :russian:

I make sure the soil is very moist then I cover it so the fan doesn't evaporate all the water (or the heat from the bulb). I used a glossy magazine page and cut this to size to protect the water in my soil. I am very open to cheap alternative solutions to this.......but for me it works very well :lookaround:

Oh and as mentioned above, when you do their first repot you can bury them deep to hide the initial stretch and it will become root growth instead !

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 1

Seedlings dont need to be in a prop mucker. Ive never used one and I usually get 100% germ rates.

Next time as soon as yer seedling is above ground get them under some kind of light and thats it

• Like 1

One of my ugorg blues has done that to me today 10 heads sticking out of the jiffy plugs and number 11 sticking a great tap root out lol turned her (hopefully a her) over now.

Bro the seeds from a seed bank or a market stall ? I only ask as I found a guy selling big Buddha seeds at the market today and as soon as I seen the packaging I new where fakes

• 2 weeks later...