Taking clones into flowering

GimmePonics

I don't know if this question has been raised in here but..

Im growing in a small set up and my first grow some plants got shaded and things went bollocks.

So I am on my second grow (with just 1 plant) and Im thinking about clones.

My question is, if I take clones let them root for a week and start them on 12/12 flowering cycle, will this work out?

ATB :v:

You wanna veg them for a week or 2 before switching 12/12 otherwise you wont have much in the way of roots for there to be much of a plant once its fully in flowering. Stick them under a cfl in a propagator for a week or 2 and spray them with Some rootjuice or some kind of root stimulant. get as much root as you can on it. otherwise you end up with a plant growing a ten bag.

As a tip for you, when u take your cuttings and using root juice or similar, if you are using jiffy pellets or riot root cubes, soak them in a small dose of root stim in water before putting the cutting in the medium. that way u have some of the good stuff already in there. I do this and usually have at least a 95% rooting rate. Have done this and left them in the dark for a week and theyve rooted before.. Keep them warm too.

• Like 2

I know the theory behind cloning thats not the problem :) im using rock wool and thats what I normally do, pre soaked medium with root 66, heat propagator, spray bottle with plain water so humidity is high, as soon as I see roots they will go into bubbler for more root 66 juice. Ofc this is a cutting so there will be some rooting gel applied to the cutting ;)

Im not looking for huge crops from a plant, but i dont want a ten bag neither :P

Just need to figure which way will be better for me, 1 big ass plant filling the entire set up or 8 slim and short plants...

oh well time will tell...

oh and thanks @@Skinny_Jimmy

• Like 1

@@GimmePonics No worries Mate. I Prefer doing less plants but opted for more this time and its such a ball ache. one big ass plant is always better, less work but still can be a nightmare if things go wrong... just keep it simple and that always works for me.

Guest Kipper420

I know the theory behind cloning thats not the problem :) im using rock wool and thats what I normally do, pre soaked medium with root 66, heat propagator, spray bottle with plain water so humidity is high, as soon as I see roots they will go into bubbler for more root 66 juice. Ofc this is a cutting so there will be some rooting gel applied to the cutting ;)

Im not looking for huge crops from a plant, but i dont want a ten bag neither :P

Just need to figure which way will be better for me, 1 big ass plant filling the entire set up or 8 slim and short plants...

oh well time will tell...

oh and thanks @@Skinny_Jimmy

I would always go with one big plant, especially due to the nature of the law. I think you're likely to obtain much better quality weed if you let the plant reach sexual maturity in veg too, although I can't remember where I read/heard that.

My mate just now has about 20 cuts that he let slip into flowering so instead of revegging he has potted them up into 2ltr pots and let them go and surprise surprise they look ok.

This lads grows are a shambles at best but he might just get somethin out of this. A quarter per pot will give him 4 ozzys+ and he has a few slightly larger plants in probably 5ltrs each all under a 400w light. They are blues,nonames and white russian with about a month to go now.

He normally gets around an ounce per plant and does 5 or 6 at a time so am interested to see how he does this time

Salty

:pugwash:

• Like 1

I know the more roots you get more buds + bud density, but what made me raise my question is my set up.

I'm not taking any risks for now as I want to stock up before trying to go short on veg times.

@ if you have the chance let us know how your mate goes with his cuts

ATB :v: