Best nutes for long time mothers

Hi all

Have't seen this one answered yet so I thought I'd out it out there.

What you all think is th best nutes for your mums. I've been using metrop nutes, they have nutes dedicated to keeping mums. Been having problems though its so damn concentrated it's hard to not burn them.

So looking for something else.

When ever Ive kept a mum long term in a small pot Ive used fishmix but only after the compost was spent,sometimes I would take it out the pot and trim half the rootball off tho and add fresh compost.

Or if you have the room and bigger pots just pot on and give them fresh food via the new compost,not saying its the way to go but it did work for me.

• Like 1

The Mums need just enough fertiliser to keep them healthy. Feed of half strength fertiliser twice a month, using say a 6-2-4 fish mix as about right [its not critical]! This keeps them in good general health but doesn't over feed them. If you want faster production at any point change to a full strength feed once or twice. Every 2 to 4 weeks a new batch of cuttings are taken even if they are not needed and just put in the worm bin. You can think of it as being like having to mow the lawn and keeps the mum the same size and form for years. Because so much is taken away they can get short of macro nutrients so every month or so give them a foliar spray using maxicrop. Judge this by how the plants are looking not by a time table.

One of the main things that all growers need to learn is regular close observation. To know when they are healthy and need nothing to the first signs of deficiencies appearing. The one thing they may run short of is magnesium even if dolomite lime is used in the compost, this is easily dealt with by one watering plus a foliar spray, using 1 ounce of Epsom salts dissolved in a gallon of water.
They will need root pruning once or twice a year. This depends on how intensively they are fed and how good your water quality is.

The above is from Oldtimer1's cannabase article. Full article here.

• Like 3

coco & 6.5l pot & canna coco , brill , 2 part feed , it does my cuttings . then put them in a aeroponic for cuttings with canna rhyzotonic,then you can put them into what you like. thats what i do , hope you get what you need m8 , peace & good luck :oldtoker::yahoo:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I know this is a fairly old post but I'll add a note for future reference.

I use 12ltr auto pots with a Coco medium and Ionic Coco nutrient. I don't use the feed lines or the aqua valves with the autopots. I just feed when the pots feel light so I just pop the pot reservoir lids and fill approximately with 2 litres roughly every other day (I also have air domes in the pots)

The good thing with using Coco as a medium for your mothers is that it is very easy to flush and drains very quickly and having the air domes in the pots ensures that you don't have prolonged saturation of the roots. This in turn also means that you can use non organic nutrients for as long as you allow the plant to live.

Hope this Helps

English Oak.

• Like 1

Take 2 bottles into the growroom?..No way, now I just feed... and fuckoff! :oldtoker:

Maxicrop organic lawn feed with seaweed NPK 6-2-4

You're worth it

Edited by Bodo

Hi Bodo, I've got a friend that uses lawn feed and swears by it, for myself as I do youngsters for quite a few people I find that I get a more rapid and vigorous growth by using the method I mentioned in my previous post. Sometimes I forget that people are more interested in what's best for a personal method.

Regards

English Oak.

Yes English Oak it certainly has similar NPK to most other grow nutes and with seaweed thrown in, (a lot I think) it's a no brainer

I've only just got me a bottle and at just over a tenner for a litre it looks promising.

Ah yes I read your system, clever solution that

Edited by Bodo

Hey Bodo, Is that picture from an old tv series The Kenny Everett Television Show (Sid Snot) I've got a funny feeling that your probably around the same age as me, if not and you are younger then you have a quality sense of humour with extremely good taste.

Merry Christmas

Regards

English Oak

• Like 1

Hey Bodo, Is that picture from an old tv series The Kenny Everett Television Show (Sid Snot) I've got a funny feeling that your probably around the same age as me, if not and you are younger then you have a quality sense of humour with extremely good taste.

Merry Christmas

Regards

English Oak

Dont you mean "The best possible taste" :yes:

ATB

JB

• Like 2

High JB (very good!) I'm glad to see that there's more of us out there where tv shows like, Benny Hill, Dick Emery, Tracey Ullman, The Young One's, Comic Strip Presents and not forgetting The Kenny Everett TV show, which probably played a big part in influencing our lives on where we are today.

Quality Times

English Oak.

It is dude

I really miss the punk types of the 70's comedians or actors

Does anyone remember Gary Oldman in meantime? ......"JER LIIIIIKE MEEEEEEE" ?

wots (well off topic sorry) there yar!, a new abbreviation for yer too

Edited by Bodo
  • Like 1