Caring for rooted clones

MaverickUK82

So I've got 8x uk cheese clones in a humidity tank, one of which has rooted after 3x weeks. They're all in root riot cubes.

I'm not ready to transplant until about another 2x weeks, what's the best way to care for the rooted one whilst I'm waiting for the others to root?

Is it worth spraying it with nutes? Formulex or something? Remove it from the humidity tank? Last time I left a rooted clone in the tank the roots started going brown...

Any ideas?

Only one has roots after three weeks? There should be more rooted by now I'd think. Clones should only take from 2 to three weeks to completely root out.

Are you going with hydro or soil? If its hydro, put them in larger cubes. If its soil, plant them. Once they start rooting they will want food and water and should not be kept in a propagation tray.

hope this helps

:)

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

It's about 2 1/2 weeks they've been in there, they did take a while but have been in quite cold conditions, I was in no hurry for them to root and didn't prepare the plant they came off before hand for cuttings which is why I think it's took a while.

I didn't know you could buy larger cubes !!

Yes, Grodan rockwool cubes as that's what I've always used to for cloning. I find them easy to use and clean. Easy to know how much water is in them, Nutes, etc.

Your choice, hydro or soil when using them.

Cloning in soil is fine too. We used to clone in soil and not even cover them up. It's a little tricky and you need to be around to watch them but it surely works as good.

:)

Before I just moved the 1" root riots into the clay, but now I've got 3 weeks until there's space in the veg room and I've for roots - I had to take them early as i took them off the same ones that I now got flowering!!