Blackfly

moakey

Hi, my name is moakey,

I am an old lady totally new to posting , I deceided to grow for the first time just to see if it would be a viable option, well it worked and I produced a very healthy plant, have got to flowering period and it's suddenly covered in blackfly can I still smoke it and how do I stop it occuring again.Many thanks.

hi there moakey

Welcome to the site best one around :smoke:

It would help if you filled your profile in what lights, extraction type of soil etc it helps people help you lol

As for the blackfly im not sure whats caused them but you can get stuff to stick round rim of pots to help catch em.

Sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon to help.

Peace chunga :)

Guest campervanman

hi campervanman here welcome to 420 :) you got the best site to ask thoes kind of Qs

there are a few ways to CONTROL them little buggers get some sticky yellow fly traps and

put them in you grow room and around your plants for a start you cud use biobizz BUZZOFF

but dont spray onto your flowers lol it wont taste good! I ONLY SPRAY THE BOTTOM OF MY POTS CAPILLARY MATTING

i got told to put COCO PEAT on the top it stops them DEAD

and if they are REALY bad you cud get some PREDATORY NEMATODES they a little preditors that feed on FUNGUS GNATS/SCARID FLY also HYPOASPIS MILES you introduce them to your grow and they will die off after they have eaten all the grubs lol

www.defenders.co.uk/scarid_fly_control.htm

good luck lol

CAMPERVANMAN :smoke:

Hello moakey. I've moved your topic to pest control.

So a question. Are these black fly the same sort of thing as greenfly [aphids]?

Hello moakey. I've moved your topic to pest control.

So a question. Are these black fly the same sort of thing as greenfly [aphids]?

273362[/snapback]

Replies much appreciated, will try and fill in my profile when I settle on a place to grow a few, dont think lights will be an option though , will probably try lots of small sturdy plants, have got another six plants to try and see which method is best, my son wants us to have an allotment, I wish!!!!!!!!!!!.

Anyway cheers all

welcome to 420 moakey, OT1 is the man to listen to abt bugs and the like, he now his stuff, didnt notice that campervanman has told u what to do, get them sticky fly traps and hang them in your GR and I've heard that ppl put sand on top of the soil to stop the larvae coming up and changing to adults, other members will come along with their eperiences of the FG,

scint..