Dinachem

Vapehead

Nice job, you're a keen grower.

The deficiency with my CBD1 test seeds I mentioned earlier (in the photos above) got worse and worse with a lot of yellowing and leaf loss in the end. Not a complete disaster, quite a good yield and clones and seeds from them too, but by the end of the grow they didn't look too pretty... I will get some pics up very soon - I've been too busy to find the time but I've got another grow on the go now so a diary will follow ;)

Good luck with the rest of it.

Atb

• Like 1

Nice job, you're a keen grower.

The deficiency with my CBD1 test seeds I mentioned earlier (in the photos above) got worse and worse with a lot of yellowing and leaf loss in the end. Not a complete disaster, quite a good yield and clones and seeds from them too, but by the end of the grow they didn't look too pretty... I will get some pics up very soon - I've been too busy to find the time but I've got another grow on the go now so a diary will follow ;)

Good luck with the rest of it.

Atb

Cheers mate! :yep:

Sorry to hear about your CBD1s - it's really gutting when you're plant/s don't look pretty. :( Happened on my last grow - got burned by the light (grew too big - pot was too big) and lost a lot of leaves. No fan leaves at the end of it and what leaves were left were mostly yellow and crispy, and the yield was crap. As you say, at least you're gonna get a decent yield. Not sure I'll get that this time round either - but am at least hoping for some potent, tasty homegrown herb.

Good luck with you're new grow - I'll be looking out for your diary for sure! ;)

ATB

:stoned:

• 2 weeks later...

They'll have had 7 weeks of flowering tomorrow and they're all budding up nicely. The dinachem looks like she'll be the last to finish and that's right according to the breeder's info - 9 weeks and the others are between 6-9. The cheese and afghan kush look like they'll be ready in the next 2 weeks, the blueberry slightly longer and the dinachem in 3 weeks. Pistils on all the plants are turning brown, including on the dinachem - she looks like she'll have the biggest, fattest buds of the 4. She smells insanely strong when you get some of her resin on your hands! ;)

But here's the bad news. Was drunk last Saturday night and had to feed the dinachem. She was in the worst place in the tent right at the back to the right so awkward to get to. After watering I went to remove the run-off from the tray. Instead of pulling out 2 plants to create more space, I lifted up the plant, removed the run-off and realised I'd burnt some of the blades on some of the leaves near the top. Yellow not crispy (about the only plus point) - absolutely gutted. :( She was my pride n joy - best looking plant I've every grown. What a fucking idiot. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Anyway, she has recovered and I can console myself with the knowledge that this is my best ever grow - they look prettier and healthier than anything I've grown before. Upgrading the vent system and getting the environment right have made such a big difference, although there are still lessons to be learned (more lst and food next time).

Some pics. Took a cheat photo of the dinachem - had the pretty-side face the camera! But you can see the burn in the last pic - dinachem is front left.

Dinachem - flower, day 46

Flower - day 46

Flower - day 47

Looking good there Vapehead. Have just ordered Star 47 and Afghan Kush special myself. Will have them tomorrow, as the postman left the card through the door.

Got a free Dinachem as well as others so be interesting to see how you get on over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for sharing and will keep following to the end.

• Like 1

Looking good there Vapehead. Have just ordered Star 47 and Afghan Kush special myself. Will have them tomorrow, as the postman left the card through the door.

Got a free Dinachem as well as others so be interesting to see how you get on over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for sharing and will keep following to the end.

Glad you're enjoying the thread - cheers for the encouragement! :) Will put a smoke report up here after a good dry and cure. Should be a tasty vape! Her buds look like they'll be bigger, denser and more compact than the other 3's. Will be interesting to see how she yields.

Star 47 is on my 'to grow' list. Growing a sensi star next grow - very excited! Enjoy your aks too - really lovely smell.

ATB :yep:

:bong:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Good news - they're all ready for the chop next week and I flushed them last night - am so, so, so excited!!! :D They're all very frosty (the cheese is almost white!) and most the trichs are clear or amber. They're on day 69 of flower - they've taken a while cos they grew too tall for the light (150w hid) so using a lot of energy for making buds lower down the plant where there's not much light.

The dinachem is smelling a lot of pine, but also of fuel and lemon - pretty strong now! Reckon she'll give me the biggest, hardest, most dense buds of the 4! Been very easy to grow.

Hafta say this is my best every grow - the plants have looked really healthy, strong and green throughout (they're usually burnt to a crisp with overfeeding and heat stress) and actually look pretty (though they're yellowing and crisping up a bit now)! :) I've learned so much - main lesson is more lst next time as my space is small and need to keep the plants short for the 150w hid light.

Gonna be early january for a proper smoke / vape report - as gonna dry for 1-2 weeks and cure for 8. But will test out some popcorn buds when dry.

Got some pics of the dc below - forgot to take pics of all my 4 gals together - will try to post some tonight.

Dinachem - day 68 flower

Dinachem - day 68 flower

• 3 weeks later...

popped a dinachem but for some strange reason the root came out the top of the cube next to the plant. Didnt make it in the end but have tried other dinafem strains and been pleased. Think it was just a case of some strange bad luck.

The dinachem came down 2 weeks ago, along with the 3 others I grew - afghan kush special, blueberry and cheese. Would've been 3 weeks ago but had a cold that weekend and was not up to chopping & trimming. Have tried some of the dinachem mixed in with the other 3. That was very couchlocky - think that's down to the a kush though (reckon I left that too long), as tried another lot without the a kush and that was a lovely stone - mostly body but in the head too.

The dinachem smelt very lemon and piney, but less of fuel which I had hoped for, still smells great though. Can't really give a smoke report as mixed it in with the others. That'll come once I've cured it for a while.

any idea of the yield from the dinachem?

No idea yet mate. Still drying in the tent. Just tested the stems and still bendy, but a bit more snappy than before, so hopefully not long now. Will know as soon as dry and jar up the buds. Don't think my yield from any of them will be great - they grew too tall for the 150w hid.

popped a dinachem but for some strange reason the root came out the top of the cube next to the plant. Didnt make it in the end but have tried other dinafem strains and been pleased. Think it was just a case of some strange bad luck.

Sorry - no idea. Grow in soil. I had no issues with germinating any of them. Will be trying a dinafem blue cheese and critical+ - probably next year.

Some pics one week before the chop.

Dinachem - flower day 75

Dinachem - flower day 75

Dinachem - flower day 75

Flower - day 75

Flower - day 75

Flower - day 75

Edited by Vapehead
  • Like 2