confused

panzer4

hi guys,at last i managed to get some pics of the grow room,

so here comes the confused bit.

firstly the mylar on the walls has a white side as seen and a diamond silver side, i went with the white side as thast what i have always heard, that white is the best for reflecting the light. but im not so sure.

secondly, i asked a fleabay seller about what size carbon extractor to use in this space, i had hoped to buy a 600w hps but the guy said for the space it would get too hot and that i should use a 400whps with a 5" extractor, so what do you guys think and what should i do as i would like the highest yeild from 2 plants as i can get. cheers

gallery_80719_6609_94767.jpg

gallery_80719_6609_27560.jpg

gallery_80719_6609_18567.jpg

Edited by panzer4

its about 1m by 1m by 1.5 high . and yeah i thought i should have put the silver side into the room but like i said i thought white was the best, hey ho guess im ripping it all down at the weekend then lol ;-)

hiya,

yr room looks about a metre sq, u cld use either 600 or 400, look at cooltube system to

control the heat, there is a calculator on site so you can work out the fan and filter

that you'll need for that size room, buy good quality.

as for yields, that can be dependent on strain grown, if you aim for one gram of dry weight bud

for every watt of light used, thats about the max that the experienced grower should expect.

the best system to max yr returns is the SCROG, have a look at some of the diaries on here.

remember that your ventilation is the most important part of any grow, get that right and most

of the work is done for you

good luck with yr choice

atb

stu

:rofl: splashed out on diamond silver, then stuck it to the wall :rofl: Edited by wu-tang-sam
  • Like 3

how you doing on this Panzer? feel no way bought nout, yah have to start somewhere, and yes airlflow airflow, and if possible abit more airflow is a good place to start m8.

I'd stick with a 400w for that size tent & a 5" extractor & carbon filter would be good. IME 600w for that size tent is overkill you're far more likely to get closer to the GPW (One gram per watt of power) with a 400w in a 1x1m room.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest stickyfingaz_1989

Hey. Yeah deffo swap that mylar round. I have used both in previous make shift grow rooms and you will notice a big diffrence in reflectivity. Interms of lighting. CFLs are brilliant in small spaces but HID's are unmatched in quality and yeild. 400 will be a great start but make sure you have goodnextraction in place as IT will heat up very quickly with out it

So 400w in a 1meter tent is adequate?..with the switchable ballast i have i could run it at 600w although with a 6' tt fan this might give heat issues.I was considering a cooltube although after reading posts the loss of light might be to much.It could be horses for courses and after reading this thread i assume i could get just as much yeild using 400w without cooltubes...

Hiya, if your grow is set up properly you should expect 1g for every 1w of light,

Both sizes of light will suit your area, the minimum is the 400, if you can handle

the temps and slight increase in leccy costs then the 600 is the best bang for

buck and its what i would go for in your size space

atb

stu :oldtoker:

rofl.gif splashed out on diamond silver, then stuck it to the wall rofl.gif

Its funny, but I've certainly made that kind of mistake in the past - easily done.

Good luck with your grow.

Dank.

Hiya, if your grow is set up properly you should expect 1g for every 1w of light,

Both sizes of light will suit your area, the minimum is the 400, if you can handle

the temps and slight increase in leccy costs then the 600 is the best bang for

buck and its what i would go for in your size space

atb

stu :oldtoker:

Cheers stu

I dont plan on starting my grow untill the winter for various reasons so i will try the 600w lamp with the euro reflector.The shop assured me the 6'tt fan could handle the air exchange and temps in this setup running 600w although i am not shure after reading various posts on tt fans,,meby in the colder months it will be ok..i