my mates first grow

Joint hogger

after decamping my grow gear to a close pals for storage, he asked if i fancied setting up a small grow at his & we'd split the end results,

so heres a few crappy pics he took & asked me to post them up as he's computer illiterate :wink:

we're running a dr90, 400w digi ballast, 80cm parabolic & a 5" ruck fan controlled with a 0.75A variac.

gallery_36349_2174_50412.jpg

the box to the left of the tent is a light blocker, theres one on the other side too.

gallery_36349_2174_53222.jpg

acoustic ducting into the loft then into a unused chimney.

gallery_36349_3573_95053.jpg

the 5 ladies when they were put on 12/12, were now in week 3 of flowering & theyre looking lovely.

gallery_36349_2174_50627.jpg

heres the electric panel i put together, i'd prefer not to plug both the contactors plugs into the same extension but it'll do for now.

• Like 8

Hi mate, is he not running any intake? and do you need the variac? I though you would need the 5 inch running full pelt with this size of tent.

no, were just using the 2 passive vents, the variac is set to 40% power & the temps are averagely 25/26c lights on & 19/20c lights off.

no, were just using the 2 passive vents, the variac is set to 40% power & the temps are averagely 25/26c lights on & 19/20c lights off.

Nice one! I'll need to think about building myself a variac. It must be fairly quiet running at 40%.

• Like 1

JH - what a result, your mates happy with the grow and you will be happy with half of it.

Now thats a friendship :hug:

• Like 1

My mate done similar when we moved now he grows better shit than me lol!

I taught him to good :) good luck JH :yinyang:

• Like 1

Do you fancy having a new friend ? I aren't. The only one thinking that. That board is impressive i hope your mate appreciates the quality i would Jove that. So much safer than. My mess. Of leads and ballast on tif floor

• Like 1

well hopefully you'll get all your electrics fixed up Herby & get them secured to a wall above waist height,

you know it makes sense as you cant fuck about with electricity especially if your moving a lot of water about when growing indoors.

• Like 5

Its hard to do stuff like u got in my gaff. Its a room in a shared. House bit hard to do any physical alterations to the house like boltin boards to walls etc. I grow in mud and i am careful , i don't mix a load of nutrients up i don't have plugs on the floor at all. Does anyone know how much those automatic fire extinguisher are and where to find. One

Herby

well hopefully you'll get all your electrics fixed up Herby & get them secured to a wall above waist height,

you know it makes sense as you cant fuck about with electricity especially if your moving a lot of water about when growing indoors.

Nice job with the electrics, JH. I need to move mine up on the wall, I'll follow your example.

All the best with it.

• Like 1

Its hard to do stuff like u got in my gaff. Its a room in a shared. House bit hard to do any physical alterations to the house like boltin boards to walls etc. I grow in mud and i am careful , i don't mix a load of nutrients up i don't have plugs on the floor at all. Does anyone know how much those automatic fire extinguisher are and where to find. One

Herby

if its a shared flat, how do you hide the noise from fans & explain the high electricity bill ? :doh:

:rofl:

• 1 month later...

heres a pic of the 5 girls just after getting the chop 2 weeks ago.

tn_gallery_36349_3573_318536.jpg

i just pulled the plants out the tent, took out the parabolic & the clip on, trimmed most of the leaf matter of & put that

in the bottom of the tent on some plastic sheeting, then i just cut the stem at the base & hung them up to dry.

well, tonight was weight in time, of 5 plants in 6 ltr square pots, in a dr90 under a 400w,

we got a grand total of 380g or just over 13 & a half oz or 0.946 GPW :trumpet:

so i gave him 7oz & i took 6 1/2, he's over the effin moon :yahoo:

not bad considering the plants suffered for a few weeks in flowering due to the lack of oxygen slightly affecting the yield :doh:

(mate closed the cupboard door where the tent is, affecting the passive air intake) the next grow will be #1's :skin_up:

• Like 9

• 3 months later...

heres the latest from my mates, he's got 8 clones of UGORGs #1 which i gave him for a xmas smoke,

so far he's been feeding them PMs soil grow but he'd only been giving them 3ml per ltr so i told him to

up it to 4ml, he also didnt bother trimming the plants low down but thats his problem lol

heres a pic of the girls earlier.

#1's At week 4 Of flowering

• Like 9