Speeding Up Autoflowering?

ubernoob07

A very random question, but im curious to know if there is a way to shave off a week or two from the overall cycle.

For example if an auto takes 12 weeks, is there any tips and tricks have them ready to harvest in 10 weeks?

yes - this is purly anecdotal - grow with a hydro and CO2 set up. is really expensive but you can run the plant at a higher metabolic rate so they will finish slightly quicker.

but the best thing is patence, and if you have absolutly no weed, even thoght i hate it my self, why not robb a couple of buds.

have a look at the sweet seeds cremcaramel, its done in around 6 weeks from seed(under a 600w hps) and is an ok yeilder for autos.

The reason I have asked is because I have grown auto royal northern lights the last 2 times.

The first set of NL's were over nuted alot throughout the grow and they were prime and leaves were yellowing heavily at 9 weeks in but because of the over nute they didnt grow very tall (ranging between 35cm & 45cm)

The second time round I used exactly the same seeds, but I was making sure I never over nuted them throughout at all so I was keeping the leaves light green and ever so slighty yellow in some tiny patches at all times just to be sure. ( These grew to heights between 90cm & 100cm) These plants are now at 12 weeks and still don't look anywhere near ready to harvest. No amber is showing at all and everything remains a clear bright white.

They look healthy and look said they have at least another 2 or 3 weeks left.

So im curious to find out if the time scale can be affected by the control of the nute's.

Edited by ubernoob07
  • Like 1

yes - this is purly anecdotal - grow with a hydro and CO2 set up. is really expensive but you can run the plant at a higher metabolic rate so they will finish slightly quicker.

but the best thing is patence, and if you have absolutly no weed, even thoght i hate it my self, why not robb a couple of buds.

have a look at the sweet seeds cremcaramel, its done in around 6 weeks from seed(under a 600w hps) and is an ok yeilder for autos.

Im running the following:

Wilma 9 Big 18l pot (Using Sprayers).

600W HPS w Cooltube 18/6

GHE Nutes, Hardwater Mix.

So im gonna have to check that out! ;)

I m of the schol of thought that autos ripeness is best judged by degree of yellowing and degree of development of calyxes rather than trich colour. The big question is - will your NL put on anymore weight or are they done developing?

Best way to speed up autos is limit the root size- any smaller than 7ish l pot with soil and yield can be affected though.